1: The Bite

"Stupid school, stupid lacrosse, stupid Scott." Stiles mumbled, stumbling his way through the woods.

It was the night before the first day back at school. The last day of Summer.

Summer had been nothing short of boring. As usual, Stiles had spent every day with his best friend Scott, playing video games or pulling pranks on some of their classmates. But nothing interesting had happened. They hadn't gone anywhere or done anything that they didn't already do. 

Stiles felt slightly cheated. They were going to officially be high schoolers in only a few hours and they had done nothing new, different or exciting. 

Maybe they were cursed to be lame forever. 

Naturally, the one interesting thing to happen in the town since the old Hale House fire had to happen the night before school. Stiles had overheard a call his dad had gotten about a body in the woods. The Sheriff had called everybody in, even state officers. Stiles couldn't believe his luck.

He had immediately ran to his best friend Scott's house to recruit him. Scott had also complained about how boring their town was. This could be just the adventure they had been waiting for. Stiles had thought it to be a no-brainer that they would go out to find the body, or what was left of it. Scott had a habit for giving in to Stiles' persuasive nature anyway. 

But not tonight.

Scott had really put up a fight, even threatening Stiles with the baseball bat he had still been holding from when he thought Stiles was an intruder. He had blown Stiles off, saying he needed to rest before lacrosse try-outs. Stiles didn't really have the heart to tell him that there was no way he'd make the team, not with his asthma or his reputation (or lack thereof).

But Scott could be just as stubborn as Stiles when he wanted to be. Now Stiles was in the woods alone, trying to find half a dead body with a flickering flashlight and determination. 

Scott would be so jealous that he had missed out when he hears Stiles had found the body. He supposed if he didn't find it, Scott wouldn't be able to tell he was lying. 

The sound of barking dogs made Stiles curse under his breath. He could see torches up ahead, no doubt the sheriff's department. He quickly took off running through the trees, ducking down as to not be caught. His dad might just finally arrest him if he was found out here. 

Stiles didn't stop running even after he had avoided all the deputies. He did stop, however, when he stepped on something soft and slightly squishy. Stiles stumbled, quickly catching himself on a nearby tree and shone the light over the ground. There, in the leaves, was half of a girls body.  

Her eyes were wide open and vacant, her intestines were pouring out of her torso and into the dirt. There was blood and guts everywhere. It was like a scene from a horror movie. 

Stiles stumbled back, a shocked sound escaping his lips. He began to gag into his hand but was unable to tear his eyes away from the scene. He kept walking backwards until he lost his footing and began to fall. 

He yelled again in shock as he rolled down a small but steep hill and landed awkwardly. He sat up slowly, holding his arm which felt broken. He cradled his hand to his chest and pushed himself up. He would need to think of a good excuse for how he could've broken his arm in his sleep. 

A low growl pierced the silence of the forest around him. Stiles' body tensed up, freezing in place. He slowly turned around, praying that one of the deputies dogs had found him and not something worst. 

Stiles' hope was demolished as his brown eyes locked with blood red ones. He felt as though he couldn't move. His legs were locked in place out of fear. He wasn't able to tear his eyes away from the ugly creature in front of him.