CHAPTER 3: Different shades of dreams

Start from the beginning

May be it has no boundaries at all!

If someone ask me how much i love Mira, i won't able to tell. Because i don't even know how much i love her. I just know that i can't stay away from her, no matter what. I won't leave her side ever. Even if the world moves upside down, i will always be there for her.

Mira's pov

"Mira, I'm proud of you....Your published report on the anemia is receiving good appreciation"- Ms. Tarini, our associate professor told this to me with a warm smile.

I felt so much happy from inside.

"Thank you so much mam"

"You deserve this Mira...by the way, what is your future plan after doing the masters?"

"Mam, i was thinking to apply for a job"- i told her.

"Mira, i don't think it would be a good idea,,,you have so much talent...i think you should apply for the PhD programme...."- she said to me.

"But mam, that is very tough and i don't think that i will be able to crack the scholarship program"- i said to her.

"You can Mira...You can...think about it, i don't want a talent like you to get wasted in between some jobs...you can achieve more.."

I came out of Tarini mam's office. I felt happy from inside. At the same time new hopes arise inside me. She was right. Atleast i should try for the scholarship. We have no problem regarding money. Dad's business is growing day by day. So why not to continue my study?

Shakshi collided with me and my trance broke.

"Hey Shakshi, i was thinking to apply for the PhD programme....what do you think?"- i asked her excitedly.

"What!!! It's very difficult you know...i think we should get married after masters degree....i want to experience something new rather than the boring student life"- she said.

I started to laugh after hearing her plans.

"What?? Why are you laughing at me like this? Aren't you thinking about marriage?"- she asked me.

"Nope....I'm thinking about my future..i can do well in research..Tarini mam told me this...and i don't want any barrier in between my study"- i said to her.

Shakshi smiled and side hugged me.

"I wish one day you will fulfill your dreams Miru..."

"Okay okay....now stop oiling me"- i teased her and walked away.

I always try to avoid emotional situations. I don't want to show my tears infront of anyone. Afterall I'm a strong woman.

"Hey, miru, have you heard about Inaya thakur? She is going to complete her final semester from our university..."- Shakshi said to me.

"Who is Inaya thakur?"- i asked her in shock.

"Arree yr...the bengali actress Inaya..she made her debut last year in "Golmaal love"....the movie was a blockbuster hit.....she is getting so many offers but she rejected all those offers because she wants to compete her study and most importantly she has no interest in film industry...she wants to join her father's diamond business...."

I stared at Shakshi with appreciation.

"How do you managed to get all these news huh?"- i asked her with surprise.

Shakshi smiled proudly.

"I'm not a bookworm like you miru,,,i also read film magazines..."- she said.

I patts her back.

"I'm proud of you shakshi beta"- i said loudly, obviously I'm teasing her. Shakshi sensed that and ran behind me.

"Wait Miru...."

We both ran in the premises of the University. We almost came near the gate. Suddenly we found a audi making halt near our gate. But don't know what happened all of a sudden, but a bike collided with the audi.

We all came to the road. The driver came out and immediately opened the back door of the car.

"Mam, are you alright?"- the driver asked in panic. May be he was talking to the owner.

"Oh god...mam, your head is bleeding..."- the driver said.

A girl of our age came out of the car by holding her head. She is injured.

I was about to walk towards her to help her but suddenly i found Anurag appeared from somewhere and holding the girl. The girl was getting unconscious. She held Anurag's collar and fainted on his arms.

Anurag immediately picked her up in bridal style.

"We should go to the hospital..."- he said to the driver in hurry.

Within few seconds Anurag got inside the car along with that girl and the driver drove off.

"Oh my god"

I stared at shakshi whose eyes are literally popping out of her socket.

"Miru.....Anurag is gone forever...what i will do now"- she was almost in the verge of crying.

Drama queen!

"What happened and what are you even saying?"- i asked her being confused.

"That girl is Inaya Thakur.....Now Anurag will never look at us....my cruel fate....Miru....Anurag will not look at you again...."

Shakshi kept continuing her drama.

Now i realised that the girl is really an extraordinary beauty. She really looks like a star. Though i have seen her just for few seconds but it was enough to understand that she is a celebrity.

I found the whole university campus was now whispering and the boys are literally shouting in excitement. Only that name Inaya was resonating from different corners.

"Miru, did you see that? Everyone is just talking about her....."- Shakshi said.

I smiled a little and moved towards my house.

I don't care about all this. I just want to fulfill my dreams. It will be good if Anurag's attention shifted towards that girl Inaya, atleast i will be safe from his attention which always irritates me extremely.

I entered my house and hugged my dad from back.

"Dad, my scientific paper is getting so much appreciation...I'm thinking to apply for PhD programme"- i told him very excitedly.

"Congratulations beta...I'm sure you will achieve everything one day...proud of you"- he said by hugging me.

He gave me my favourite chocolates. I really love chocolates so much.

I started to munch it immediately.

"Beta, i want something from you...."- he said.

"Yes dad, what is it...."- i asked him while busy in unwrapping the rest of the packets.

"Such a kiddo you are...."- dad patts my head lovingly.

"You have to promise me that you won't say no to me"- dad said by rubbing my head softly.

"Yes dad, promise...have i ever said no to you?"- i said happily.

"Get married to Anurag"

All the chocolates fell from my hands after hearing his demand. I was stunned. I stared at him in pure shock.

"Dad???"

"Yes, beta, i just want this...i have never asked anything from you...this is the only thing your papa wants from you....will you fulfill my dream???"- he asked me.

I was terrified, shocked, scared, irritated at the same time.

Most importantly my hate for Anurag increased thousand times more after hearing this.

He has manipulated my dad, I'm two hundred percent sure on this.

I felt so much anger inside me. Today i will confront him. I will ask him what he exactly wants from me!

I'm sure he has some hidden motive behind all this.

But he can't fool me like that. I will show his true face to my dad.

Wait and Watch Anurag!