Trust | Macau/Chay

Ordinary day for me. I woke up, got dressed, prepared breakfast, cleaned the kitchen after eating, took my phone, keys, wallet and sunglasses.

Outside of my apartment I heard that my neighbours were arguing again. It is happening on a daily basis. I moved here a few months ago, yet I still don't know what they look like. We kept passing by.

I entered an elevator and pressed the ground floor button.

Before the elevator door closed I heard "Wait for me please." So I pushed the button for opening the door.

Dark haired man entered the elevator, and when he caught his breath he thanked me. I only nodded, put my headset on and listened to my favourite playlist. We both exited the elevator and went outside the building. I felt like he was following me, as he headed the same way as I.

I am a CEO at a recording studio. I have loved music since I was little, so my father thought that investing in this kind of business might be a good idea. After I graduated I started to work here and I managed to climb up the ladder very fast. I really don't know if it was because of my father or I am just good.

Few days ago we printed posters for new artists. Today was an audition day and we had more than 300 people assigned. I sighed.. This is going to be a long day.. We can only accept 7 people. I can feel how massive the headache will be for me at the end of the day.

That guy from the elevator was still following me. He even entered the same building. Oh, right, he might be coming to the audition today. I tried not to pay attention, because I heard someone calling my name, however that someone was faster and he managed to grab my shoulder.

"Oh hey Kim, what are you doing here?"

"My boyfriend will be coming to the audition today. Could you please make sure that he won't pass?"

"Wait Kim, are you sure about this? You are really asking me to kick someone out just because you said so? If he will have a talent I wont do it, also how the fuck I am supposed to know who you boyfriend is?"

"Come on Macau, please do it for me." Kim begged and showed me a photo of him and his boyfriend.

Oh, okay.. that is the guy from the elevator earlier. So I was right.

"If your boyfriend has talent I won't let him go." I told Kim, turned around and walked to my office.

The audition will start in 30 minutes, so I will have enough time to look through the emails and make a few phone calls. Fuck I was so wrong.. I saw Vegas standing in front of my office, clapping his feet to the ground, trying to kill me with his stare.

"What is going on brother? How come you are here? I had to ask, because every time he visits me he is with his boyfriend and smiling.

"Pete is with his grandma in a hospital, so I came to visit you, but look at you, you are again late." he barked..

"I am not late, I still have time.. Wait, what happened to Pete's grandma?" I was shocked, because she was the person that raised him and made him such a great person he is now.

"She had a stroke, they are now monitoring her, but he wanted to stay with her alone, so I gave him some space and went to buy breakfast for us and for you." Vegas then handed me congee. I opened my office and gestured for him to come in.

"I saw Kim waiting for you downstairs. What did he want?" Vegas asked.

"His boyfriend is attending the audition today, so I should kick him out, because I don't know the reason." I answered with congee in my mouth.

"Shit, that little idiot is again being jealous? You are not going to do that right?" Vegas asked while drinking his dark hot coffee.

"I told him if he has a talent I will make sure that he won't be kicked out."