Chapter 11 | Mates

"This is your fucking fault you wanted to tell her about us. I should breaking your fucking neck!"
Kingsley roared angrily at Kale. Since I was wrapped in Kale's embrace I could feel his entire body tense up as Kingsley yelled at him. His powerful voice echoed around us as the wind blew. My body shivered, as I pushed my head deeper into Kale's arms.

"You wanna keep her in the dark forever?" Kale's voice was equally as powerful. I felt the vibration of his voice in chest. "She needs to know what the fuck she's dealing with. We cant keep her hidden from the truth and it's time you wake the fuck up and realize that." Kale was standing face to face with Kingsley as he held me in his arms. He didn't say anything else to Kingsley and continued to hold me. Kingsley got closer to us and he and I looked at each other.

Kale then slowly let me to my feet. I could tell he didn't want to let me go but from the sudden silence from both of them I could tell they were about to tell me what I needed to know. I noticed my ankle didn't hurt anymore and it was so weird, I was pretty sure I broke it earlier. Kale and Kingsley both looked at me with defeated expressions on their faces but serious nonetheless.

"You need to hear this." Kale stated with raised eye brows. He sighs and looks back at me.

"We were born three hundred and fifteen years ago."
I nearly choked on my saliva. I wasn't at all prepared for that. "Are you okay?" Kale asked. They both were looking at me worriedly waiting for my response.

"315 years? Ago?" I repeated it. This must be a joke. I've never viewed them as ancient, or anything as old as that. "This has to be a joke." I whispered but their expressions didn't change. "All of this is just...crazy." I shook my head as Kale continued.

"Our mother didn't abandon us like your mom and our dad told you...she's ancient as well and still very much alive." He pointed out in matter of fact kind of tone. "They just couldn't tell you that our mother was vampire and simply had to live her life out as such. She couldn't contain herself from human blood so she had to live far away from humans until she could learn to help herself. It wasn't always like this though."

I just looked at them stunned. Not sure if I believed a single word.

"Our mother's name is Alicia Greyson. Back then she was married to our father Walter Greyson. They were madly in love and of course wanted to start a family. So they had us. They had twins." Kale tells me. They both watch me closely as he speaks. I take in every word he says to me. "Walter was a wolf. He was an Alpha who had his own wolf pack as well"

My mouth dropped. I considered Walter my dad my entire life and this entire time he wasn't even a full human? How the hell did I miss that?

"Our mother however was human at the time so when we were born it was a 50/50 chance that one of us or both of us would come out part werewolf. Kingsley did." Kale says. I look at Kingsley who's staring right back at me. "So we grew up in our dad's wolf pack. My mom and I were the only full humans. While Walter and Kingsley were part wolf. The pack members are considered our family and everything was actually going great until one day. On our 23rd birthday to be exact, our pack got attacked."
My eyes widened as Kale goes on with the story.

"By the werewolves greatest enemy, Vampires." Kale smirks and shakes his head as if what he said was ridiculous to him. "They attacked our village and half the people in it. Half of our pack was wiped out because of this attack. The vampires were ruthless and wanted all of us dead. When one of the vampires came to our specific house in the village our father wasn't there it was just us and our mother. We were sleeping and our mother was awake cleaning the house. The vampire walked right into the front door. He was a man who actually knew our mother. They went to the same school growing up. Wanna know why he was the only vampire who came to our house that night?" Kale asks me and I nod.