35. Eat me

The rest of my shift was painfully slow

After Hudson left, River left me to my own devices for the duration of the day, hiding away in the backroom.

Every time a customer asked for a chocolate cupcake, I couldn't help but blush slightly, memories of sucking on River's finger giving me chills.

I want to suck other parts of him...

Argh! These are the exact thoughts I shouldn't be having at work.

I managed to stick it out for the rest of my shift, putting aside thoughts of River as best as possible.

When it finally came time to lock up the shop, I was practically bouncing into the backroom, only to be toppled over by an overenthusiastic Baby.

"Oomph!" I fall backwards onto my ass as Baby proceeds to lick my face. I giggle and push her large head away, "What are you doing here?" I ask her between laughs. Her licks were really ticklish.

"I brought her over whilst you were working." River voices, eyeing Baby with distaste as he watches us from the sofa, "Took her on a walk too." He grumbles like the ordeal was entirely unenjoyable.

Yet he did it for me.

I smile broadly at him as I push myself up from the floor, Baby circling my legs protectively, "Thank you." I tell him and he just stares before I furrow my brows, "Wait, how did you even get into my-"

I cut myself off when River holds up a keychain of keys. My keys.

"Keys." River states the obvious and I gape as I march up to him somewhat menacingly.

He obviously doesn't think it's very menacing though as he eyes me with great amusement, "How did you get those!?" I exclaim, swiping them back out of his hand and scowling deeply. "Creep." I mutter as an afterthought.

River laughs out loud, leaning back into the sofa as I stand above him with crossed arms, awaiting an explanation.

River shrugs smugly, "It's amazing what one won't notice when distracted by say... a kiss." He says all to happily.

I gasp, "You little..." I stumble for my words, practically stomping my foot in frustration when all River can do is watch me completely at ease, "Fucker." I decide on and River raises a brow at my language.

He tuts as he leans forward to grab onto me, but I step back, putting myself out of his reach.

I scowl at him, and he looks up at me with a blank expression, hands still gripping the air where my hips previously were.

His fists clench, "Come here." He says, and I shake my head 'no'.

I wasn't going to indulge him after he stole my keys.

River wets his lips and glares at me, "Our deal." He reminds me. I just narrow my eyes at him, and his face drops a little, along with his arms which fall back onto his thighs.