Black Hearted Chapter 45

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, I'm ear—"

His kiss stole the words from her mouth. His hands dove into her hair and tilted her head, giving him more to devour. The electric shock he craved jolted through him, giving a different version of the oblivion he sought. Jack lost himself in her, taking, wanting, needing.

Soft and supple under his touch, Jack's hands dropped to her hips, pulling her closer to him. Little Jack appreciated the friction and demanded more. Solana's arms wrapped around his neck, and she arched into him, her tongue answering his demands with her own.

The sharp edges of concern from the morning melted away with the warmth of her body, like paper lit by a match. Yet it wasn't enough. He needed them gone, the pressure in his head to dissipate. Craving more, his hands sank to her bottom, spreading to encompass the flesh he adored, the fire in his belly roaring to life. She swallowed his moan, her leg grazing his, and the office diminished.

Desperate for air, he tore his lips from hers and gulped oxygen before diving back for more. But Solana planted her forehead against his chest, denying him. Impatience roared in his brain. He needed her. Now. Needed to bury himself in her and forget.

Her arms fell to his waist and clamped on his back. "We're in your office."

The reminder tried to pierce his veil of lust, but he focused on her curves, keeping the fire raging. She could drown out the doubts. Jack picked her up and set her on his desk. He found her knee and brought it to his hip, forcing her legs open. "I'm the CEO." Fingers pushed up the hem of her flimsy skirt and sought the warm wet he knew waited for him.

The pressure around his waist vanished, replaced by two pulsing points on his chest. Pushing him away.

"Hey." She tried to catch his eye. "What's wrong?"

"You're not naked." Jack's hand moved up her thigh and the thudding in his ears increased. Pain snapped him to attention as she slapped his forearm.

"No. Something is different." Her fingers bit into his chin. "Talk to me."

He jerked away from her, cold air blasting against the furnace on his skin. "You wouldn't understand."

"Try me." She popped off the desk and placed a hand on his bicep.

Electricity buzzed from her touch, travelled through him, stirring up memories of how they'd spend yesterday. Little Jack twitched, demanding to be satisfied, and he moved to pull her back into his arms. "Corporate business bullshit. You're not—"

"Not smart enough."

She stepped out of his reach, and he clenched thin air. "Don't be like that."

"Like what? Not willing to spread my legs the moment you see me?" The fire in Solana's eyes when she glared at him wasn't desire. "Is that all I am to you? Your sex toy to play with when your dick needs attention?"

Annoyance hit the back of his throat. She'd dangled in front of him like a glass of water to a man who'd walked the desert for three days and he wanted a drink. He stuffed his hands in his pocket. "Excuse me for being excited to see you."

She adjusted the strap that had fallen off her shoulder. "That was not excitement. That was..." her hands flew around "possession."

The word hit him like a slap to the face. That wasn't what he meant. He'd just needed her. Needed the solace of her. Old patterns scraped against the inside of his brain. This was what he did. This was what his ex-wife had meant when she said he'd forced her to be with him. Shame filtered over him, coating the room in gloom.

Solana locked his office door. "Don't want Wolfe walking in on us again." Her fingers clutched his tie, dragging him toward the couch.

"Sol... wait." He choked out the words through the strangling material.

"Oh no. If I'm only good for sex. Not to talk to." Jack winced at the hurt in her voice. "Then let's get to it." She pushed him onto the couch, climbing on to his lap, one leg on either side, her center flush against his torso. Lips sucked at his neck and hands pawed at the buckle of his belt.

"I didn't mean—" This time her lips cut him off. A fierce, savage kiss. She sucked on his mouth until she drew back, her teeth clenching his bottom lip. The onslaught scattered his brain, his body craving the attention. In the back of his brain, a thought tried to force its way forward. Stop this, this is wrong. His hands found her biceps in an attempt to restrain her ambush, but her fingers had sunk into his underwear and wrapped themselves around Little Jack, who rose to attention.

Caught between the desire to halt her actions, address her hurt and the physical ramification on his body, Jack struggled to regain control. But Solana's fingers worked a form of magic on Little Jack and rational thought flew out the window.

 But Solana's fingers worked a form of magic on Little Jack and rational thought flew out the window

Hey folks. D.L. here. Well that peace didn't last long. Who's over reacting here?

Psst. If you are a fan of my books as Willa Drew, my brother's best friend, movie star romance Star Struck is free on Amazon this week. I'll put the link here ---->