Twenty: Small Bump

I sigh as I hear the door close and lock behind me, knowing that no one will see either El or Lana again for an hour. I go in search of Louis and Harry, hoping Louis is in better spirits, considering El won't talk to him.

I walk slowly down the hallway, humming Moments to myself, knowing that now, for us, it applies to Lana, much like for Lana it applied to Aaron. I just hope that in a few months we won't fear performing this song in front of huge crowds knowing that in the blink of an eye Niall lost everything. I pray that we won't have to watch Niall's every move as he falls back into his old ways. 

I turn a corner to see Harry and Louis sitting on a bench together, Louis' head resting on Harry shoulder as a small tear makes its way down his cheek.

"Louis, it'll all be okay." Harry whispers, resting his head comfortingly against Louis'.

"I feel so abandoned. She hasn't talked to me in two weeks." Louis sniffles.

"It's okay mate, she'll come around, she's just hurting to much right now. But don't worry you've always got me and rest the boys." Harry says, looking up at me. 

I know it's true. We'll always have each others backs.

"Come on Louis. Let's go get some real food for everyone." I say turning on my heel into the direction of the front doors.

A minute later Louis gets up and joins me, still trying to rub the redness from his eyes.

----------------------------------------

Harry's P.O.V.

It had been a while since me and Louis talked, so I was surprised when he found me and sat with me. It felt like old times.

I stay sitting as Louis and Zayn leave to get food, but I pull out my iPhone and ear buds, hoping to seek comfort in music. Something I used to do as a kid. If I had a bad day or got really pissed off I could just put in my ear buds and ignore the world. It helped. I place each bud lightly in my ear and lay down across the bench, with my feet hanging off the edge. I press the play button on my phone and Coldplay's song Fix You comes on. I let the soothing beat of the song calm my nerves and settle my brain. Closing my eyes I completely shut off my hearing and sight to the world.

I stayed that way for a while, going through songs such as The Scienctist by Coldplay, Lego House by Ed Sheeran and Radioactive by Imagine Dragons before a hand rested itself on my nearly asleep shoulder.

I open my eyes to see a wide eyed doctor standing above me. Startled and scared at his expression I sit up quickly and ask him what's wrong.

"Nothing. I have good news. She's showing signs of waking up, and she possibly might be able to hear us now. But I think you've just inspired a way to help wake Lana up faster." He says giving a small smile.

"What do you mean? Letting her sleep?" I spit, furious at the stupid suggestion. She's in a coma! She's already sleeping.

"No no no! Music. If you can use certain songs to trigger certain memories in her brain then she might show more signs of waking up. Any songs you think of that will trigger any memories with you guys that she has write them down." The doctor says, quickly turning the corner to tell a sleeping Niall but nearly running into a startled Liam instead. He quickly dodges Liam and moves towards Niall.

"Do you think it will work?" Liam asks, obviously having heard the whole conversation. 

I remember hearing Zayn humming Moments and jump off the bench. "Moments! We can sing her Moments!' I shout running down the hall to where Niall sits, racking his brain for songs. I throw myself on him.