Chapter 17

"Leaving so soon?" I stop before heading down and look to the left. Caleb. Of course. "What's the rush?"

"I'm sorry, sir. I have to go perform with Julie for a dance tonight. And we're already late!" I explain.

"But what about my offer?" He asks.

"Umm, what offer?" I ask.

"To join my house band, of course! Think of it, you'd be the first lifer to ever set foot on stage! And that makes you even more special than now!"

"Yeah, I'm going to have to back out on that offer." I say.

"Really?"

"I promised my friend I'd get back to music if she would. And she did. So if you need to have another performer, I'd suggest finding someone else."

"But what if she earns her fame before you?" He asks.

"That's not going to happen. We're a team." I chuckle.

"That doesn't mean people can't cheer for one person more than the other. Think about it... how many times have you had the chance to solo? Or write and perform your own piece? Or even write something with Luke?" I freeze for a moment and look at him.

"How did you know-"

"It was easy to figure out. I could see the jealousy in your eyes when he wasn't by your side. And here, he will always be!"

"I mean... that would be nice- wait... actually no. I'm sorry, I know it means a lot to you to gain more members. But it means a lot more to me to perform with my friend than in front of a billion people. Good luck on finding other people, though!" I say as I turn around.

"Oh, and Amelia!" He says. I turn around and sigh. "Before you go... If you ever want to come back... the Hollywood Ghost Club will always be open for you! Free of charge."

"Thank you, sir. I'd be happy to come back and visit sometime!" I smile.

"Ah! Music to my ears! Well, in that case, until next time..." He chuckles as he offers his hand to shake. I shake his hand, then flinch after feeling a burn on my wrist. I look down and see a purple logo appear for one second then fade away. "Oh, it's just a little club stamp. That way no one kicks you out for not paying."

"Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. I'll come back soon, hopefully!" I turn around then stop. "Wait, since I got teleported here... how do I get out?"

"Oh, that's right! I can get you home!" He says as he blows purple dust around me. After a few seconds, I arrived at the school. Huh, that was easy. I run inside as people walk out. I'm too late....

"Aww, look who decided to show up late. Sorry, you're little friend already gave up on you and your hologram band." Carrie chuckles.

"I didn't-"

"Amelia?" I look over and see Flynn.

"Flynn.... I-"

"Why did you ditch Julie?" She asks.

"It wasn't like that... I went with the boys-"

"So all four of you left her so she could be embarrassed?!"

"No! We tried to get back on time. But time went by fast and we lost track of it..." I sigh.

"You better explain that to her, then. And hope she reacts well. She is very upset and disappointed in you four." Flynn says as she walks away.

"What did I do?" I whisper. I run into the auditorium and find Julie on the floor by the seats. "Julie..."

"What?" She asks.