Chapter 10

Warning: There is a bit of cussing in this chapter! It's only because of the setting it is in.

"Where were you?" He mumbles as I turn around.

"At school? Like I'm supposed to be?" I responded.

"I meant the last few days, genius."

"I was staying at Julie's." I sigh.

"Without my permission?" He asks.

"I thought you'd want me gone. Since you were so disappointed in me."

"Oh, great! So now I'm going to be seen as the bad guy!" He rolls his eyes.

"I never said you were! I just didn't make you happy enough to be around."

"That's because you decided to be stupid like your mother and try to get back into music."

"My mom was not stupid! She became more famous and had more money than you did! She never blew any money borrowed or earned off to get drunk!" I shout.

"I drink because that's the only way I can stay sane with you being in my life!"

"Well I will happily leave for you! Maybe you can stop risking your health then!"

"Maybe you can get a life and stop relying on music to save it!"

"I'll get a 'life' when you gain some respect! You didn't have to have me, it was your choice!" I yell.

"And that's why I regret making that choice! But look, oh no, I can't change it!" He throws a bottle at the ground and walks to the kitchen. Before he could grab another bottle, I grab the case and threw it to the ground. The alcohol went everywhere as my father yelled. "Why did you do that??"

"So you can stop being a terrible father! I can't even tell you I'm back in the program without you being an ass!"

"And there it is. Another failure in the family. Scratch that- Your mom's family."

"Wow..." I say as I tear up. "So much for being a father..."

"Get the fuck out of my house. NOW!" I flinch as I grab my bag and run out.

I run to the front porch of Julie's house and stand by the door. Before I ring the doorbell, I put my arm down. I can't do this to Julie. She's already stressed enough about Flynn. I sigh and sit down by the edge of the stairs. In a few seconds, tears fall down my face. I hide my head in my hands and cry even more. I hear a teleportation noise and dry my tears.

"Please go away." I whisper. I hear them sigh as they teleport away. I look over to the right after hearing something drop. I pick up a piece of paper and read the front.

Dear Amelia,

I saw what just happened between you and your father. I know you want me to respect boundaries, but I was worried about you. If I could get rid of him for you, I would. You don't deserve that disrespect. You have an insanely beautiful voice! And what you decided to do in life is perfect. I'm not very good at writing things like this. But I am, at least, when it comes to making them a song. Listen to this whenever you feel down... I promise it will help...

I pick up a CD and look at the title. Hmm. Sounds amazing. I wonder who wrote this note for me, though. I mean, everyone has heard me sing at this point... I sigh and walk into the studio. I put the CD in the player and press play.

Even if we can't find heaven, heaven, heaven, heaven
Hands put your empty hands in mine
And scars show me all the scars you hide
And hey, if your wings are broken
Please take mine 'til yours can open too
'Cause I'm gonna stand by you