Chapter 16

We walk around and start talking to other lifers. For some reason, Reggie was interested in knowing about the Star Wars series.

"They made eight more Star Wars movies, and they killed Han Solo? What kind of future is this?" Reggie asks as he tears up.

"Dude, how old are you?" I chuckle.

"I'm not that old!" He says as he stomps off.

"We found out, like, two weeks ago, OK? We just didn't have the heart to tell him. But just please don't mention Jar Jar." Luke begs.

"Oh yeah. Please don't! He's already crushed!" I say. The couple walks away as Luke taps my shoulder. I turn around and see him point at Alex. Awww, he and Willie are bonding. Maybe... he has a thing for Willie... Luke walks over to him and sits down.

"Oh, you got a crush on Willie." Luke smiles.

"What? No. No, man, no. We're just..." Alex says hesitantly.

"Alex, I'm happy for you."

"Did something go on between you two? Because it sounds to me-"

"You guys are not gonna believe this, but someone just told me they added a character named Jar Jar." Reggie says as he runs up to us.

"Really?!" I sigh as I look at the couple.

"What's a Jar Jar?" He asks.

"I'll tell you later." I say.

"I take it you all are enjoying yourselves?" Caleb asks as he walks up to us.

"Yeah, I mean, you'd have to be insane to have a bad time here." Luke says.

"True that." I chuckle.

"Well, entertainment is our specialty. So now, I understand there's something I can help you with." Caleb says.

"Yeah, we hope so. There's an old buddy of ours who ripped us off big time, and we wanna make things right." Reggie explains.

"Yeah. We wanna look him in the eyes and make him admit what he did to us." Luke adds on.

"So if you could make us visible, that would be perfect." Alex smiles.

"Well, sure, I could do that, but we're at a party. Why focus on those who have wronged us when we're among friends?" Caleb asks.

"Umm, I'm pretty sure that's what we came here for..." I say.

"Well, what's the point in going after something if you can't have fun along the way?" He chuckles.

"True..." I shrug.

"Plus, I understand that the four of you are talented musicians. I doubt... Your dream is to settle a score. No, your dreams are bigger than that! You're like me, born to perform your music in front of sold-out crowds."

"I mean, that's why I came here at least." I chuckle.

"See? She gets where I'm coming from!" He grins. He snaps his fingers and walks to the table. "Please sit. What if I were to tell you that with a wave of my hand, you could share the spotlight with me...and join my house band?" My eyes widen as I clear my throat.

"I-I'm sorry... what?" I ask.

"We... We already have a band." Luke explains.

"Yes. Yes. But when you're done performing, you disappear. You cease to exist. No bows. No... no soaking up the applause. No real connection with the audience." He turns around and looks at me. "And even though you're still visible, the crowd just walks away and pretends nothing happened. After that, you're just like everyone else. No fame, no credit, nothing... Am I wrong?"