Introduction

It was a calm night. The crowd was eagerly waiting in line to enter the Orpheum. A local band finally got their first gig. That band was Sunset Curve. The band had three guitarists and one drummer. Together, they made the music come alive again in the streets of Hollywood. At least... they were hoping to.

It was less than an hour before their lives were going to change. Before they could get ready, they had to get a sound check inside the building. As they were setting up mics with the crew, two young girls were starting on the tables. They used to be in a band together but decided to take a break from music. But they were excited to help new ones out in the Orpheum.

"Alright, everything is set up! Are you boys ready to test the sound?" A crew member asked.

"Yeah!" One of the members responded. They pick up their guitars and drumsticks. The lead player nods his head as they play their first notes.

Take off

Last stop

Countdown till we blast open the top

Face first

Full charge

Electric hammer to the heart

Clocks move forward

But we don't get older, no

Kept on climbing

Till our stars collided

And all the times we fell behind

Were just the keys to paradise

Don't look down

'Cause we're still rising

Up right now

And even if we

Hit the ground

We'll still fly

Keep dreaming like we'll live forever

But live it like it's now or never

Hear the noise

In my head

It's calling out like a voice I can't forget

One life

No regrets

Catch up, got no time to catch my breath

Clocks move faster

'Cause it's all we're after now

Won't stop climbing

'Cause this is our time, yeah

When all the days felt black and white

Those were the best shades of my life

Don't look down

'Cause we're still rising

Up right now

And even if we

Hit the ground

We'll still fly

Keep dreaming like we'll live forever

But live it like it's now or never

We ain't searching for tomorrow (tomorrow)

'Cause we got all we need today (today)

Living on a feeling that's been running through our veins

We're the revolution that's been singing in the rain

Don't look down

'Cause we're still rising

Up right now

And even if we

Hit the ground

We'll still fly

Keep dreaming like we'll live forever

But live it like it's now or never

It's now or never (now or never)

As they hit their final chords, the employees start cheering like crazy.

"Thank you! We're Sunset Curve!" The lead player, Luke says.

"Too bad we wasted the tightest we've played on sound check!" The rhythm guitarist, Bobby says.

"Wait until tonight, man, when this place gets packed with record execs." They put their instruments back in their cases and store them behind the curtains.

"Alex, you were smoking." The bass guitarist, Reggie says.

"Oh no. I was just warming up. You guys were the ones on fire." Alex says.

"Could you just own your awesomeness for once?" Reggie asks.

"All right, I was killing it." They all chuckle.

"Okay, well, I'm thinking we fuel up before the show. I'm thinking street dogs." Luke suggests.

"Ooh!" Reggie says.

"Yes," Alex says. Bobby then walks over to the two girls cleaning the table.

"Hey, Bobby, where you going?" Luke asks.

"I'm good. Vegetarian. I could never hurt an animal." Bobby says to the girls.

"You guys are really good!" One of the girls says.

"Yeah, that was insane! I don't think I've ever seen a band kill it during the soundcheck! Usually, it takes the crowd's cheer to be that strong!" The other girl says.

"Thank you." Luke smiles.

"We've seen a lot of bands. Been in a couple ourselves. I was really feeling it." The other girl says

"That's what we do this for. I'm Luke, by the way." Luke says.

"Hi, I'm Reggie!"

"Alex."

"Bobby."

"Nice meeting you guys. I'm Rose."

"And I'm Lily."

"Oh, uh... here's our demo," Reggie says as he hands them each a cd. "And a T-shirt. Size beautiful." He smirks as Alex groans and rolls his eyes.

"Thanks." They both say.

"Woah, these are sick!" Lily says.

"I'll make sure not to wipe the tables down with this one." Rose chuckles.

"Oh, good call. Whenever they get wet, they just kinda fall apart in your hands." Alex says as the girls laugh.

"Don't you guys have to go get hot dogs?" Bobby asks.

"Yeah, he had a hamburger for lunch," Luke says as the three run off. The girls continue washing tables while talking about the band's past with Bobby. They could tell how excited he and his bandmates were for tonight.

That is... until the ambulance went by.

And the concert no longer existed....

Rose and Lily were devastated. But they kept the band's music for their fame to still exist. Eventually, they planned to pass it on to their daughters. Who would hopefully have a passion for music like them.