Day 8 - The Agreement

Start from the beginning

"Who are these people..?"

"I don't know their name or who they are, but they have been making their move on the four. Before you and Amy met, they had spent their entire lives capturing Amy and Tails. I had to use Metal Sonic sometimes, to help them get away. Sonic and Knuckles could defend themselves easily, but Amy didn't have enough strength to break out of their traps. Tails, could get away sometimes, but Sonic ended up saving him most of the time."

"Why has nobody told me..? How do I know this is true..?"

"Because, talking about it or bringing it up would sadden everyone involved. I remember, your bat friend, worked with me before, and she asked Amy about it. Amy had started crying and trembling all over. She had such horrible PTSD, that she couldn't leave her house for days.. poor little hedgehog."

"I see, I won't ask her about it, then. Upsetting her isn't something I'd ever want to do."

"Good, Shadow. Now, getting back to business. I need all of the Chaos Emeralds."

"What for? You already have three of them, isn't that enough?"

"I need all 7 to power the Eclipse Cannon."

"The Eclipse Cannon..? That'd destroy the entire world.."

"I tweaked with it a little.. It'll now only specifically target the places you'd want to destroy, or get rid of."

"Do you know where these people are? Where their organization is?"

"No, I don't, but I promise to you, by the time I have all of the Chaos Emeralds, I will have learned the location of these people."

"I'll hold you to that promise. If I get you all of the Chaos Emeralds, will you really get rid of those people who are after my friends?"

"I will. I want to get rid of them too, they're always attacking me and my robots for no reason, trying to get me to side with them.."

"I see. I already have 3 more emeralds, all that is missing would be the dark blue one... I can fetch you those emeralds right now, if it'd speed up the process."

"Yes, go ahead and do so, after that, we'd only need the last one, and I'll be able to use the cannon properly by the week after next week. So in about 15 days, I will be able to use the cannon. I still have to change some things about it, to ensure that it isn't so dangerous."

Within seconds, Shadow had used his Green Chaos Emerald, to teleport to his place, and grabbed the cyan and white emeralds. He handed over both emeralds, and insisted that he'd keep the green one, so he could teleport to Eggman whenever he found the location of the dark blue emerald. Eggman agreed, telling Shadow to have the emerald within 15 days, so when the day comes that the cannon can be used, he'll have the power of all of the emeralds. Shadow agreed to this, thinking that the entire time, he'd be protecting Sonic and his friends, especially Amy. Eggman on the other hand, had successfully lied to the Ultimate Lifeform himself, he didn't have to do any work now, Shadow would get all of the emeralds for him, and Egggman would have everything he needed to destroy the earth. He could even enslave the earth, destroying continents he wanted gone, so many plans went through Eggman's head but destroying the earth seemed like the best option to him. He sent Shadow on his way, giving him a watch that he could use, to communicate with him whenever he got an update on the Chaos Emeralds.

Shadow left Eggman's base, feeling relieved that he'd be helping Amy, and saving her and her friends, too. It left a small smile on his face, as he was only one emerald away from getting rid of all of Amy's problems. He went back to his own house, not wanting to disturb Amy as she rested. He arrived back at his place, getting some sleep, as it was now 2 am, and he wanted to be up, to spend some time with Amy, her friends, as well. He felt a new kind of feeling inside of him, a feeling of overprotectiveness and thrill, as well. He went to sleep, thinking about random things and Amy.