Written in Waves | Claxton Overview

Song: "A Blackened Heart" - Peter Gundry

        Set in the Deep South, the Claxton Tetralogy tells the coming-of-age story of a young merfairy, Tracey, who must navigate his way around college with a twist: he pops a merman tail every time he gets wet. Having lived isolated all his life on Merlin's Island, an island just off Charleston, South Carolina, Tracey, who is put under the care of two humans, Emilee and Jesse Freeburg, will learn that he is a being known as a claxton. It's a rare merperson that originated from Nova Scotia, Canada. Long ago, they destroyed a mer-realm, making the claxton the most feared magical being in the world.

Tracey is no ordinary claxton. He's not evil, and he's far from a bad boy, because he was trained under Merlin the Great.

But... In order to keep his island of personality, Tracey needs to learn how humans navigate their world before it's too late. Emilee and Jesse start him on his track, by enrolling him in the College of Charleston, even though it's risky and puts him as an open target for the Octopus Man. He was banished to the Bermuda Triangle, soon after the claxtons destroyed the realm, but he is eager to capture Tracey.

During his journey, Tracey learns the ups and downs of new adulthood: drugs, alcohol, and first love, all while trying to avoid dragging students to their doom with his powerful singing voice—the gift of the claxton. At the end of the day, he learns that even though one may come from a dark background, that does not mean they need to follow their inner villain and become the villain themselves.

This is the story of the K.T. Magic Murderer.