friend | 05

『ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ʷᵉ ᵐᵉᵗ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ-ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁵』

Mikasa observed her surroundings, finding it strange how the place looked oddly familiar to her. She let herself be carried around by the surgeon, looking at his broad back as he pushed past the crowd. She had noticed the obvious glances of astonishment towards the brunet who was clearly oblivious to the reasons behind the stares. She giggled at his cluelessness and marched on with him to wherever he was taking her.

The two came to a sudden stop and Mikasa raised her head, staring at the all too familiar restaurant.

Oh... I should've known. Mikasa thought and snuck a glance at Eren who seemed a little hesitant to enter the building. She giggled, catching his undivided attention. He gave her a look that was easier than reading a children's book. Mikasa gestured to the restaurant and smiled a little.

"My friends own this restaurant." She answered, her smile almost blinding the cardiac surgeon.

Eren paused and a small smile had tugged at his lips, "... I'm glad." He muttered under his breath, walking towards the restaurant. Although Mikasa heard it, she had brushed it off, the excitement of meeting her friend again having completely overpowered her curiosity towards his strange words.

Since she had opened the restaurant and Mikasa started working full time at the café the two could barely meet one another, let alone meet with their other friends. Sure, she got to see her a couple of days ago, being the day she had encountered Eren, it was still something she looked forward to, seeing how the two scarcely saw each other since they went their separate ways.

The two entered the restaurant and the familiar chiming of the bell rung through the restaurant. Not even a second after entering, Eren had already received a handful of glances from women in the restaurant, a few men (not that they'd admit) also snuck a glance at the handsome figure.

"Welcome~!" A chorus of voices yelled out in unison as the two entered the busy restaurant.

"OH MY GOD!!! MIKASA!" A screech erupted from the kitchen, surprising everyone present in the building.

Before Mikasa had the time to compute who had abruptly yelled out her name, she was unexpectedly tackled into a bone-crushing embrace. Mikasa grinned brightly, returning the tight embrace from her best friend.

"Sasha what's going on? We have a tonne of orders to do—!" The sound of a spatula being dropped, and another excited yell surprised the customers. "No way!! Mikasa! It's been so long! How are you?"
The semi-bald adult rushed up to his high school friend, bringing her into a hug as well, as soon as Sasha let go of course. Mikasa smiled bashfully, scratching the back of her head in a sheepish manner.

"I've been well, what about you guys?" Mikasa asked, "it's been so long since I last saw you, Connie!"
"We're doing well, the restaurant is thriving as you can see and Sasha's..." Connie looked over to his childhood best friend not surprised to have seen her magically pull out a small chocolate cookie from here aprons pocket, "Sasha's being Sasha." The duo laughed earning a strange and puzzled glance from the brunet who happily ate away at the sweet snack. Connie caught a glance of the tall figure behind Mikasa, he stood awkwardly behind all the commotion, an uncomfortable atmosphere around him as the gazes he received seemed to have increased. "Say... who's that?" Connie asked.

Upon hearing his sentence, Sasha's ears perked up and she whipped her head to meet the tall handsome man. She glanced over to Mikasa then back over to the gentleman. Her eyes widened and she shuffled over to Mikasa, furiously wiggling her eyebrows at the sable haired female.

"Just so you know, there's a discount for couples~" Sasha slightly raised her voice, just enough for the awkward brown-haired adult to hear. She watched, giggling habitually as Eren gave a panicked expression, stuttering out words that were supposedly English.

"Oh, shush you!" Mikasa hissed, punching Sasha's arm, and turned to Eren, offering him to go before her towards an empty table that was further away from where most people sat which seemed to put Eren at ease, a little.

"Ow~!!" Sasha whined, "why'd you do that?"

"Serves you right!" Mikasa huffed, folding her arms.

"Anyways~" Sasha whistled, "what's up with you and him?"
Mikasa looked over her shoulder, catching a glimpse of Eren relaxing on the chair, staring at the menu with a troubled expression. She turned back to Sasha who had a clear expectant face.

"He's just some guy that I... ran into...?" Mikasa answered questionably, "we're just hanging out and he's some cardiac surgeon."

"Ah, I see," Sasha smiled, "you must see him pretty often at your café then, right?"

Mikasa thought for a moment at the question before shrugging, "not sure," she answered, "he doesn't look like the type of guy to hang out in public, for too long to say the least."

Sasha tilted her head, "really?" She asked, "he's actually a regular here."

"Wait what?" Mikasa let out.

"Yeah, it was a few months back, but he had appeared looking like he was half dead and since that day he had become a regular," Sasha briefly explained, "he always sits in this one spot by the window away from all the customers." Mikasa stared back over to Eren who still had a troubled expression on his face as he stared at the menu. Sasha noticed the long stare the sable haired female was giving him and giggled. "Alright you, don't keep him waiting and I need to get back to work." Sasha smiled widely, pushing Mikasa towards the table and rushed towards the kitchen.
Mikasa really landed a big one. Sasha happily thought.

"Hello! Sorry I took so long; I got too caught up in the conversation." Mikasa sheepishly scratched the back of her head, bowing as an apology towards the brunet who simply nodded and smiled softly at her. "Anyways, have you ordered anything yet?" Mikasa asked, taking a peak at the menu he had handed to her.

Eren shook his head, staring back down at his menu with an uncertain look plastered on his face. He snuck a glance towards Mikasa and smiled a little. He was glad that Mikasa and Sasha were good friends in this life, they were truly good friends, and he knew how devastated Mikasa had been when Sasha had met her end.

He recalled their reunion and wondered to himself if their reunion would be just as touching. Perhaps that answer will come sooner but for now, he could only enjoy the moment he was sharing with her and trying to finally decide on something to eat. There were simply too many options for him to choose that he was having a hard time to even choose an appetiser.

________
Feel free to critique my writing! I'm open to ways where/how I can improve my writing!

See ya in the next chapter

Ja ne!