𝟾. 𝙿𝚘𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚜

The monkey boy groaned in dissatisfaction, making his head hurt the more he thought about their failed attempt at chasing the guy

He sipped one of his chocolate flavored milk tea, eyeing the others as they talked more about some certain topics regarding the foreigner.

"So...,"

Pigsy started as he turned his head to look at the two.

"Not only did you guys follow that guy but apparently you lost them too."

Just after saying that, he could clearly hear MK gulped anxiously by the corner, as it was obvious enough to see his tail flicking by both sides.
He nodded at the statement, along with Mei who followed suit.
Pigsy sighed and shook his head, not because he was disappointed by the fact that they lost track of the guy, but rather because he thought that the person they chased hours ago was clever enough to disappear out of nowhere.

"Well that can't be helped, there are chances of that guy appearing right now and we would've completely see or missed it again."

Said Tang, he then asked the duo to recall on their experience.
It all started at the cafe, where they both buy some treats for their lunch to fill their empty stomach.
A few minutes passed and a van pulled over and came at a stop by the house, boarded by three men in it, one of them was a bearded man, a new recruit, and other one was the guy they were chasing after.

The only hint that came across their mind was that all three of them do some delivery type service, or something that includes sending over certain objects or packages that are high likely to be very important and classified.

Honestly, it wasn't the best and useful hint they have gotten so far, the delivery men could've been sending over something random like food or furnitures, or something of the sort.
Maybe even a picture could help them, at least a snap of their uniforms or their company logo.
Now speaking of pictures, a bulb lights up in the dragon girl's head, a snap of a picture was what she remembers doing just an hour ago.

She clearly remembers that she took it just before the delivery men moved out, she then pocketed her phone and immediately typed in her PIN code password as she started to scroll on her phone so fast that it felt like the phone might cry from her hellish speed.
She stopped by at a certain picture and went to tap on it, however, the moment she did pressed on the latest picture, her expectations were crushed so hard that she released a devastated groan.

As it passes through her mouth, she flailed her arms in surrender and banged her head on the table, silently weeping over the loss of the picture and the throbbing pain that slowly crept up to her forehead.

"Uhm, Mei? You okay there?"

MK poked her head, she wasn't moving that much even when he peep to look at her or even when he tried to shake her.
A muffled groan came as a response, and that alone wasn't enough for the monkey boy to understand even just a tad bit, must've been her ways to say no.
Without a thought, MK snatched her phone to see the pictures for himself.

And as usual, he too, groaned in the most dramatic way to express his disappointment, in the end- they weren't able to get anything that could be used as a hint to track that man down.
Despite accepting the fact that they didn't get anything useful, they still mourned over the loss of their opportunity, Pigsy and Tang could only stare dumbfoundedly at the sulking duo, pondering over whether they should snapped them out of their state.

"Now chin up you two, what's most important is that we had the other version of the book that we've been looking for."

Immeddiately after that, they both then rised up from their sulking state, like a sleeping cat being woken up by catching a sniff of cat food.

"But how does that even help? Like the book we borrowed has nothing more but poems and tales from random celestial beings."

"Well for starters, we could at least compare a few things that the White Tiger is involved with, like this poems and to this short folk tales it talks about the legendary White Tiger.
I'm sure we'll get answers."

Speaking of the other book they borrowed, MK and Mei inched closer to Tang, it was clear enough to see that their curiosity got the best of them, seeing as though their eyes were currently twinkling like little stars.
Pigsy just rolled his head and chuckled, bidding the three farewell as he still had to serve some customers from his noodle shop.
Tang talk about the poem on the first page, inspecting every, single details that he could find.

The first poem speaks about the entry of a divine creature of the White Tiger, making it's entrance as the mortals gaze at the heavenly creature trotting towards them to which the poem reads on.

"Oh, great Divine creature of the west,"

Tang began to start, and cleared his throat to make sure that all the stanzas he reads will go as smoothly as it is.

"For your eyes glows as you merely gest-"

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

MK pointed out the lines that the man had not read on just yet, he was way too advance for his own despite not reading the whole line.
It's a poem, for goodness sake, was what Tang would say, but he refrain himself from
talking so rudely even when he was unexpectedly interrupted.

"We will see, now, where were we?"