𝟼. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜

The group stared longingly at the large wooden door, their mouths were left slightly ajar as they could see all sorts of mythical creatures embedded and carved with the finest art that they have ever glanced upon

While the whole party stood idly by the entrance door, a cough snapped the rest to life, shaking their head as to remind themselves to do what is necessary.

"Sorry, the door looks too fancy for my eyes."

Mei says, pocketing her phone out to snap a selfie for herself and MK, while Tang was blurred out from the background, too busy to care much about the duo.

I guess Tang was right by not letting Mei joined the group.
Before Mei decides to pitch in, Tang could remember himself exiting the room and being scared half to death by the dragon girl, so close that he dropped his papers on the floor without having it snatched by her.
After reading all the notes he has written, her eyes lit up like stars, pestering him with questions that he has no answers for.

In the end, Tang decided to let her in, had it not been for her 'cutesy, puppy dog eyes' and he wouldn't already be in a state where it looks liked as if he was babysitting two, chaotic kids.

Still, he has no say in it.

He worries for the fact that Pigsy might have to work alone in his noodle shop, but was somehow relief to hear that Sandy would come over the noodle shop to help in.

"Hey, hey Mr. Tang, what exactly is this place? A secret company? An organization? Oh! Someone related or important?"

The monkey boy couldn't contain his excitement just as how Mei couldn't.
He even started to imagine on what lies ahead of this large, wooden door with mythical creatures carved in.
Perhaps riches and unique furnitures to snap a pic from? A Museum with hundreds- if not, thousands of old collections from around the world?
A secret company not a lot knows of?

Surely whatever the monkey boy thinks is a fantasy that he wished to be granted upon his silent request.
So too did the dragon girl thinks the same, wishing everything on what she imagines was a reality.
The man heaved a sigh, feeling dumbfounded and regretful to be in a group full of young children with their own fantasies.

"We are going to meet Megapolis', well-known librarian.
If you both could do me a favor, then please be at your best behavior."

He cleared his throat, adjusting his glasses to give off a dramatic vibe around.
The two, now feeling dumbfounded, stared at each other for quite some time, then to Tang, then to themselves.
Mei, being the one who expects a much more and a convincing answer from Tang, scrunched up her nose, her face that seem to screamed; 'Did I hear him right or am I going deaf?'

"A librarian? Well-known? Well we don't know them for sure."

The dragon girl shrugged, facing MK to see whether or not he does so too.
Seeing as though that the monkey boy shrugged with his brows raised, the two then faced Tang for answers.
He scrambled upon himself to look for an answer, somehow close to being offended by hearing them about not knowing who the 'well-known librarian' was.

"I- uh, ugh. Seriously, you will meet him later on. Just do as I say, okay?"

He points a finger at the two, his face holding an expecting glare to see that the duo would rather obliged.
Mei and MK nodded at the same time, crossing a finger to their hearts to form a promise that would one day be broken in a sec, while also silently wishing to speed up the time to see what and who this librarian is.
The man cleared his throat one more time, dusting the imaginary dust to prepare himself.
Finally after seconds of life contemplation, Tang lift his arms to grab onto the wooden door's handle, and opened it freely without the thought of using an ounce of strength.