"Are you?" Her question snatched his smug look.

"Mr. Sylvester no one's perfect. People call those perfect who they look up to. Some people are inspired by you, by your status, by your looks, or by the way you handle things but that doesn't make you perfect. And you know." Cyrus stared at her in silence as she spoke further.

"There is nothing wrong in being imperfect. Everyone lacks something it's fine if you're not perfect because this tells you that at the end of the day you're also a human. A human who does mistakes. Being a human is being imperfect." Cyrus blinked looking away from her as he licked his lips.

Even though he didn't want her words to affect him but somewhere in him, it did affect him. Like something inside him felt at ease. Like something in him told him that it's alright if he has insecurities. It's fine if he's not what people in his life wanted him to be.

"Last question. What do you think about yourself?" He looked at her with a frown.

"What ridiculous question is this?" He mumbled looking at her with a blank look.

"I mean like what do you think about yourself? Like it's people who call you a perfectionist. It's people who define you as some unrealistic God. But what do you define yourself as?" Her question made him blink a few times in confusion.

What does he think about himself? A perfectionist? No, he doesn't. Even though he has been a narcissistic man for many years but those narcissistic words were only to convince himself that he is perfect in every way. There is nothing he lacks.

For years he gave a pat to his insecurities by trying to hide them behind a veil of his narcissistic sentences. But was he a narcissist or did he really consider himself a perfectionist? What is he? What does he really think about himself?

The silence was the only thing present in the room and the woman smiled knowingly. His reaction was expected. She wrote the last detail she noticed in him before looking up at him who was busy trying to find an answer to her question.

"That's it for today, Mr. Sylvester. I will arrange another meeting with you and will inform your wife about it." Cyrus came out of his trance and cleared his throat nodding his head.

He stood up from the seat and was ready to leave the room when her voice halted him. "Also Mr. Sylvester I want you to give your answer to my last question in our next meeting. Think about it and find an answer which wouldn't be made up but which has come out of your mind naturally."

Cyrus didn't even glance at her back and left the room. He closed his eyes shaking his head. He shouldn't have come to this weird woman. If it wasn't for Hazel then he wouldn't have come here. What a waste!

Hazel was called in by a psychiatrist who wanted to talk to her. Hazel smiled at the woman and took the seat watching the psychiatrist busy writing something on paper.

"Here." Hazel grabbed the file that the woman handed her.

"This is the medicines I am prescribing for Mr. Sylvester. Make sure to give him according to the time I mentioned on it." Hazel nodded her head before looking at the psychiatrist who sighed heavily.

"Is it really bad?" The woman smiled shaking her head.

"Not bad. His condition is worst. He has just not one mental instability but many. He's highly insecure, he has PTSD, and he's scared of revealing the traumatic childhood he has lived because he thinks it will make him less perfectionist. And not only that there is something I have noticed." Hazel looked at the woman who seemed extremely concerned.

"You told me that he's obsessed with you right?" Hazel nodded her head.

"No Hazel this isn't just an obsession. He has separation anxiety disorder as well. He's scared of being separated from you. Because of the trauma, he suffered in his childhood he had built a wall around him thinking that every woman is the same and he indeed came across only with that woman who wanted something from him till he met you." Hazel clutched the file in her hand staring at the psychiatrist with nervousness.

"You were the first woman he met who didn't want anything from him. Your slightest care and affection is something that comes out without wanting anything in return. In starting it was an Obsession but now it's an Obsession with separation anxiety. That's why I will advise you something." She nodded her head.

"Don't ask him to leave you. Or try to leave him. In this disorder, a person's senses become obstructed when someone he wants gets separated from him. He's ready to destroy everything around him to keep that one specific person with him. Mr. Sylvester has no fear except of being separated from you. He might not hurt you anymore but he can hurt anyone who will try to take you away from him. Even himself." Hazel's lips parted in shock.

She never thought Cyrus's attachment to her is this serious. She remembered the time she went to the balcony to take some fresh air when he misunderstood that she ran away. That night she did see something different in him. His eyes and actions that night were different.

Was that night the start of this disorder? Was that night the first time he had an anxiety attack thinking that she has left him? Because she still remembers how barbaric and fanatic he looked when he found her in his room.

Then her mind went to the day he found her after she escaped him. That day he looked composed and controlled yet the desperation and relief in his eyes after finding her was obvious.

The day he caught her with Aaron that time as well he looked out of control like he wanted to hurt everything around him. And he did try to hurt himself to calm himself. So it was an anxiety attack.

She rubbed her forehead finally realizing why he always becomes a raging beast whenever she talks about leaving him. Or him letting her go. He wasn't wrong when he said he can't let her go. He really can't let her go, she has become a part of his sanity and the moment if she left him he will lose that last string of his sane mind.

"You're listening?" Hazel blinked looking at her. She nodded her head.

"Yes yes. Uhmm so what should I do?" She mumbled softly making the woman nodded her head.

"These medicines will help him a lot but I will advise you to try and be as gentle as you can be with him. I don't want you to give him unusual and over affection or care. Because his mind is really cunning he knows well when you're being sincere and when you're doing it just for show. It will be better if you take care of him by being yourself. Don't overdo anything and don't be too harsh on him. That's it. That's all you can do."

Hazel nodded her head before walking out of the room. She looked up to find Cyrus sitting on one of the hospital benches tapping his foot impatiently on the floor. He looked annoyed and irritated.

His dark greenish grey orbs finally met hers as he looked up and she didn't miss how a soft breath heaved out of his lips as he sighed in relief after seeing her before his eyes. Standing up from the seat he stalked near her.

"I don't want to come here again. Let's go." Hazel opened her mouth to protest but she decided to let him be. After all the next appointment was after a week she can protest after a week.

Cyrus slid his hand into hers intertwining their fingers before walking ahead. Then she felt it. His hand was ice cold. Was it because she was away from him? Hazel didn't say anything just tightened her grip over his hand holding it following him with gentle steps.

Just one touch of hers and all his annoyance and irritation faded away. Indeed she's all he needs. This psychiatrist and all can never help him. His wife is the only cure for him.

Sitting inside the backseat Hazel carefully slid the file to Creed who nodded at her. Cyrus kissed the back of her hand that he was holding before looking out of the window but not before keeping their intertwined hands over his thigh.

Hazel internally sighed watching him. His cold hand holding her warm one showed how anxious he was till he felt her presence.

It wasn't just an obsession anymore.

______________________________________

Next will be updated soon. Keep on liking and commenting.

Keep on following me here and on Instagram. It's mirah_selim

Till the next adios