Chapter 11

"Omi, yer lookin' fine," Atsumu commented in appreciation, eyes scanning up and down as Kiyoomi did the same but with a little annoyance for reasons he was still trying to come to understand.

"Thanks, I could say the same," Kiyoomi replied truthfully, but he couldn't help but to question what the hell they were doing. "Miya Number One, would you care to explain why you rented a motorcycle I didn't even know you could drive, drive us an hour to lord knows where, pick up a bag of bread for some damn reason, and now, just compliment me after getting dishevelled as we sit on a floating restaurant?"

Atsumu looked at him dumbly, unsure why he was being questioned.

"We're on a date? The best is yet to come."

And Kiyoomi could only hope and nearly pray that Atsumu hadn't planned anything stupid.

._._.

It was stupid of him to hope so.

Yeah, they were dressed elegantly with Kiyoomi in full black and Atsumu with the lower half clad in black and a white button-up. They were stunning but why the hell would such stunning men stand on the seawater's edge holding bread?

Kiyoomi would rather die. It was so damn embarrassing although there wasn’t a single person nearby, everyone inside the restaurant.

"Now be real still and extend the bread in front of ya, Omi. The seagulls in this part are weird and fly around even at night," Atsumu explained.

Kiyoomi listened to his instructions, doing as told but suddenly, the words sunk in.

"Wait! Seagulls?! Miya Number One, don't!"

But it was too late because Atsumu had already let out a rather peculiar sounding whistle and in seconds, a dozen or more seagulls surrounded a terrified Kiyoomi.

"THAT'S THE SPIRIT! YOU CAN DO IT!" Atsumu cheered in glee.

"GET THEM THE FUCK OFF YOU STUPID!" Kiyoomi shrieked, throwing the bread at Atsumu as they attacked him instead.

Kiyoomi wanted to drown himself in a tub of clean, refreshing water and scrub every part of himself until he turned as red as a boiled lobster. What the hell was Atsumu thinking when he thought that Kiyoomi would even remotely like feeding seagulls? His gloves weren’t even safe to keep anymore.

But he couldn't stop the smile that etched across his face as he watched Atsumu shriek in joy and throw bread only to watch the seagulls fight.

It was endearing.

His heart swelled at the sight and although he had spent years convincing himself that he kind of hated the blond, all those thoughts vanished in seconds at the sight. He really should’ve allowed those emotions to bloom from before.

He was adorable.

Until he suddenly wasn't.

"OH MY GOD! IT SHAT ON ME!"

And that's how Kiyoomi knew he had to find a solution in ten seconds or less because not only would he be distant if Atsumu were anywhere near him covered in seagull shit but the blond would endlessly complain about his shit-stained long sleeve. He also seemed to lose all thinking capabilities when in crisis and Kiyoomi wasn’t sure if that was considered a dilemma.

"You better wash that off now," Kiyoomi instructed, looking around for some form of clean water supply.

Atsumu nodded quickly, leading them to a dock that had a faucet and instructed Kiyoomi to put this phone and wallet to a side in case they fell out while they leaned over to wash their hands and face.

Doing as told, everything of importance was removed, including his gloves, and right as Kiyoomi was about to switch on the switch for the faucet, he was mercilessly tackled from the side, both of them falling right into the sea.

The goddamn sea.

Bubble erupted from where they were under, Atsumu laughing in amusement as his arms wrapped around Kiyoomi's waist once they bobbed back to the surface seconds later, both gasping for a breath of fresh air as their hair lay matted on their heads. Kiyoomi's hands grabbed tightly onto Atsumu's shoulder blades, mouth hung partially open as if he were disoriented and unable to breathe. Really, he probably was.

Brought to christ knows where, attacked by seagulls, and to make it worse? Tackled into a body of fish piss? Kiyoomi was having the time of his life.

Yeah, having the time of his life where he tried figuring out how he could murder Miya Fucking Atsumu and get away with it.

His lips were glossed over with a mixture of spit and water, his nose red and clothes stuck against his body.

"Omi, yer just so pretty to look at," Atsumu whispered, his face close enough that their breath mixed with each other, only the stars that hung above to keep them company with a twinkle in their eyes on their sudden escapade like time.

Kiyoomi no longer wanted to murder him.

They could feel it. A magnet pulling them closer and very slowly, their mouths landed on each other with a little spark. Yeah, water and fire don't mix but they swore, there really was some form of spark even in the most wet of times.

Soft and delicate, mouths cold from the night air and salty water, and liquid running down their faces, their eyes were fluttered shut and what would've normally disgusted the hell out of Kiyoomi didn't bother him at all and for once, he pushed away all his disgust to focus solely on the man before him.

Their feet just barely touched the ground as they moved languidly. It was almost romantic but then something, probably seaweed or a fish, brushed against Kiyoomi's leg and he let out a shriek, pulling away from Atsumu's mouth and effectively ruining the moment. Instinctively, he wrapped his legs around the blond's waist as they came back to reality.

"Something touched my leg," Kiyoomi explained, eyes wide as he looked into the dark water with fear. "Let's get out."

"Aren't ya the cutest?" Atsumu asked rhetorically with a chuckle, pushing away his bangs to place a kiss on the cute moles.

Slowly, they headed towards the shore, Kiyoomi only lowering himself when his knees would be level with the water. And with all the quietness of the world and their gentle breathing, the two settled on the dock after rinsing themselves with the faucet water, lying on the wooden platform to dry off as much as possible before heading home.