Chapter 6

It should've been evident that his peace on a pool chair, stuffing himself with sweets, and sipping coffee would've been ruined not even an hour later after finishing his consumption. Apparently, he had only been granted peace until he settled down properly.

"EVERYONE! WE'LL BE HAVING A GAME IN WATER!" Meian, captain of the volleyball team yelled, Kiyoomi groaning before moving further away from the edge of the pool lest he get soaked before he even knew what was going on. "THE GAME IS AS FOLLOWS! A FLOATING PLATFORM WILL BE PLACED ON THE WATER WHERE TWO PEOPLE WILL CLIMB UP! THE GOAL IS TO PUSH THE OTHER OFF AND STAY ON!"

Oh great. Kiyoomi despised water sports and seeing the volleyball players go nuts over it was not something he would enjoy. With a stretch, he pulled himself off the chair and headed to Osamu's food stand where he planned to eat the Onigiri and then get Atsumu to pay. Mayhaps he’d go and pick a fight with Suna and win so he could get some free sweets.

Really, he shouldn't eat too much sugar but he couldn't help it. His sweet tooth just enjoyed them too much.

"What're ya doin' here, Sakusa? Too pretty to get wet?" Osamu teased.

"Shut up. I came to get food but I don't think you deserve my money anymore," Kiyoomi said with narrowed eyes, pretending as if he had any intentions of paying in the first place.

"No, no, I'll make Tsumu pay yer food. He doesn't deserve peace."

Kiyoomi snickered at that behind his mask, immediately selecting food as loud screeches ensued somewhere along the pools, loud splashes and people being thrown nearly scaring him at how loud they sounded. Somehow, he found himself behind the table with Osamu, eating quietly with hair draping over his forehead, only his forehead moles on display as he made himself look small.

Really, a full grown man over six feet tall managed to make himself look tiny and it was endearing.

The peace was interrupted a little less than an hour later; the men hungry from playing in the water which was understandable since water sports always took a lot of energy but what Kiyoomi didn't expect was for Atsumu to sit directly in front of him on Osamu’s chair with a deadly smile. He could feel his stomach do summersaults but he restrained from showing that outwardly.

"What the hell do you want?"

"Wanna play in the water with me? See if ya can push me off?"

"Hell no."

Kiyoomi didn't even bother to continue the topic, Atsumu suddenly immersed in a conversation with Osamu about the bill he had to pay and why it was suddenly so high.

"Yer boyfriend said you'd pay. He's eatin’ free of charge thanks to yer generous wallet," Osamu explained with a shrug.

"My what?!"

Atsumu was just about livid but he calmed down once he processed and realized it was just Kiyoomi and that's when he had a genius idea.

"Omi-Omi, I'll pay yer food if ya agree to play a round with me."

"No."

"Oh come on, Omi-Omi! Just one round!"

"No."

Kiyoomi was adamant. He was determined to reject Atsumu's proposal but then again, he was paying for his food and that was something he'd do almost anything for in return if it were someone else but here was the blond, simply asking to play a water sport. Not to mention the blond he denied ever having a crush on. The blond that stuck to him since childhood and never once pushed him away even when he seemed cold. The blond that deserved happiness and sunshine instead of broodiness and shadows. The blond who wanted him to get in a body of germ-filled water.

He swore he was a second away from calling Komori and asking him to prepare a casket.

"Come on Om-"

"Fine, fine. Shut up and let's go."

He caved.

The silence that followed after accepting his fate was beautiful, almost comedic but seconds later, it was ruined by a victorious whoop. It seemed to have caught the attention of everyone else and before Kiyoomi could even process the fact that burly men were intently staring at him getting into the pool, Atsumu was already on the platform waiting.

"Now, now, Omi-Omi, don't go easy."

"As if I’d do that to you."

He pulled himself onto the floating platform with ease, his arms filled with strength from all the hair and massages he did on the daily. His curly hair fell over his forehead in kind of a side part, his two infamous moles on display as Atsumu stood before him in full glory.

His breath nearly hitched. The whole problem was the journey on the way up. Obviously, when he pulled himself on, he was on the bottom but as he stood, his eyes travelled across his entire body and without intention, he could just feel himself automatically feel thirsty and his stomach make uncomfortable knots.

"Okay, ya ready?"

"I should be asking you that," Kiyoomi mumbled when in reality, he wasn't ready at all.

The thought of those god-forsaken hands that held too much power entered his mind and really, they could snap him in half nearly effortlessly. They were hands that had done many things and went through many battles. They were experienced and strong, filled with callouses and little scars here and there. And then there were Kiyoomi’s. Many people had passed through them but nothing of great challenge. They were soft and uncalloused, daintily pretty, but held the firmness of a man which unbeknownst to him, Astumu loved.

One of the spectators began counting and the moment he hit three, the two began in a cautious battle of pushing each other. Atsumu was more careful, fearful that he would hurt the male but slowly, they began pushing harder and harder, with more aggression and possibly, pent-up frustration. Until suddenly, Kiyoomi was jabbed in the ribs and he gasped.

Atsumu wasted no time and threw himself at a now slightly disoriented Omi and although the game was to have Atsumu remain on the board if Kiyoomi fell, he threw himself into the water as well.

The two fell backwards, Atsumu smirking down as his arms were wrapped tightly around the other's waist and they fell. Right before they hit, Atsumu instructed a simple but short noticed command.

"Take a deep breath."

Kiyoomi never was one to listen to whatever Atsumu had to say but the feeling around his waist and the way their chests were touching seemed to get to his brain─ including the fact that they were about to sink below the surface of the water. He took a deep breath and they sank into the pool, eyes opening once he realized they weren't going up.

A stupid smile was plastered on the blond’s face, even underwater. His even stupider light hair fanning around him and floating everywhere. Kiyoomi really wanted to run his hands through it although he had on many occasions when Atsumu would insist he needed a hair trim or colour touch-up. But now he wanted to without using one of those reasons as an excuse.

He could probably stay under there forever, peace and quiet and simply staring at Atsumu who looked ridiculously hot and who had them pressed together firmly. The only problem, air. Where was the goddamn air they actually needed?

Kiyoomi was about to fight but slowly, Atsumu seemed to be getting closer and closer and instead of pushing away once he realized what was about to happen, he found himself leaning closer. Like an idiot. Like a fucking idiot yet he continued what he was doing anyway.

Underwater like a damn movie, their lips pressed against each other and Kiyoomi realized with sudden remorse that Atsumu had stolen his first kiss. Yeah, he was twenty-two but never had he ever allowed his mouth to get remotely near to anyone.