26- silent voice

26| silent voice

Sounds - some of the key things to our existence. We link them to certain things, people, occurrences, emotions even.

Standing in front of her house- another car stood before him. Jake watched in worry as a middle aged man sorted his way out of his car. He was all drenched in rain.

He was rushing out of his car.

Her father- he still remembers him from the day they were both in the library. "Why are you here?"

"Sir- y/n just called me and talked to me but suddenly the line was caught off. I need to see her."

"Are you the boy called Jaeyun?"

Jake nodded in hurry- her father knew him, y/n didn't want to hide anything from her father- he was the only one that could understand her somehow.

Rushing their way towards the house. Her father mentioned for Jake her room before he goes himself to sort the power thing himself, it is the main reason his daughter was frightened and he trusted Jake as long as y/n trusted him and called for his help.

People say that among the sounds and noises we depend on with little notice, there are those specifically meant for us to link them to people.

Looking at the person that this voice belongs to, tears staining her cheeks and a defeated look in her eyes, he feels like he had lost everything.

Like his world has been shattered just like his. She furiously shakes her head as if chasing a dark thought - an action that will bring him the closure he needs at the moment. And all Jake can do is stand here, wishing he could do something.

Jake pushes the door to open fully, revealing the darkness of the room’s interior. He immediately knows what this means.

“y/n? Hey, I’m here. I’m here. “ In the blink of an eye he has knelt down in front of her,  his hand carefully moving the stray strands of hair that are covering her eyes to the side.

That’s when he sees the tears that are staining the red skin of her cheeks.Her  eyes are tightly shut like she’s holding back a sob of intense pain, her grip on her neck tightening. He takes a gentle but firm hold of the hand that she’s trying to suffocate herself with and pulls with all the strength he can use without hurting her to pry it off.

To his surprise, she obliges rather easily, her hold loosening and her hand going limp in his. He sees the marks she has left on the skin of her neck and his heart cracks.

Jake immediately scolds himself for it, repeating over and over to stay strong as encouragement to himself and to her.

“Why did you do this to yourself?“ His fingertips trace the marks lightly, fearful of the possibility of causing her any pain.

She opened her eyes when she hears his shaky voice. The emotion he see in those tear-filled orbs opens another crack in his ‘strong’ foundation.

A mix of fear, defeat, sorrow and dread. All reflected in the usually warm gaze his eyes meet when they look at hers.

“I...I c-“ his heart drops as well as a single tear that he had  been trying to hold back with all his might.

Her voice - the voice that is no doubt his favorite.

His favorite sound. His one and only meaningful noise. The one he connect to love, happiness and bliss.

However, the most important thing - person - is still here. Well, she wanted him to be here.

She wanted to wallow in her sorrows and put herself down without her there to pick her up and inject her with hope. He didn’t want hope. He just wanted to be surrounded by the thick fog of misery that always seemed to follow  her around before he met her. It was the only comfort she needed.

She can hear his voice in her head - a voice he planted, one that would have never appeared and would not have stayed with her if it weren’t for him- telling her shit’s gonna be ok in the end.

Sure, it’s scary now, but it always has been. Every new bump in the road is scary until you get over it. That’s some positivity she never thought she’d reach in her life.

"J-a-" y/n tried to speak again but It’s almost gone.

The letters she’s trying to get through to him are fading and dying down before they even leave her lips.

Jake found himself in a trance, fighting his logical side by trying to convince himself this is all a nightmare.

y/n lets go of him, reaching for her phone. He types something quickly before locking her phone and once again shutting her eyes. A ping from his phone makes him jump from his foggy state.

Stay with me.

Jake read the message- he wasn't planning to leave anyways as the lights of the room light up again- making y/n sign silently thanking God.

Y/n is left to wonder what this unfamiliar sensation in the pit of her stomach and in the center of his chest is, what it could mean and what exactly caused it. There are several possible answers, some she doesn't want to think about but smiles when she does so.

And Y/N's left wondering how she found so much comfort and safety in the arms of a stranger.

Their gazes meet.

There was a silent plea in his and hers- they can’t deny not ignore.

They can’t go against it, no matter how painful it would be.

He has so much power over her- like she had on him.

That's how they slept together on flour- clutching each other's souls and bodies. Afraid to let go- letting her father stand in love and love looking down at them both.

Grabbing a warm blanket, he laid it on them both making sure to not wake them up.

As his heart was telling him that someone was going to steal his daughter soon. Maybe he already stole her.

A/N. Comment and share ❤️