16- the mysterious Boy

16| the mysterious boy

A brilliant light hugs the land as the sun stretches out with golden arms, making y/n groan in frustration. She hated something called "sun rays" , especially the morning ones.

"Damn"

Cursing for the n time that she could remember, y/n sat up finally not even opening her eyes.

Approaching the living room, she started hearing different voices coming from there, more like arguing. But that didn't make her stop her tracks. The shouts grew more and more intense.

"I don't understand why the hell you spend her nights out Luna," her dad yelled at mom with hands clenched shut and anger roaming out of his eyes.

"It's not your business Jimin!" She yelled back, her eyes not caring about her dad's anger anymore. She did not care.

"Dad- w-what's happening?" Dad turned his head at her sudden outburst, before regret and worry started to fill his eyes.

He was aware that more stress coming from her environment will cut her voice out or make her never able to speak like a normal being again. "Darling, I think she should go outside or maybe you should go visit the bookstore- please. I know she loves it dear." He spoke with a caring voice.

"B-but dad-" she tried to interfere.

"Please, go and take care." He said his last words.

...

She groaned at the sensation of her phone vibrating again as she entered the library; no doubt he was asking something new just to find her telling her that he was from Jaeyun. He wouldn't stop texting her since the day we started to talk about books and theaters- specially Shakespeare ones.

Nice late to meet you  jaeyun.

What are you doing? 

Studying in the bookstore I told you about.

She messaged him before closing her screen and got to do her work. her mind was already focusing on trying to get into the zone for a long night of studying.

She had so many people in her life. But she had never seen someone like Jaeyun. She couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was about her that made her feel so comfortable. Never had ever she felt this comfortable with someone.

Despite being rather comfortable around each other-there was still an unmistakable tension between him and her.

After a few hours, her brain was mush. How could anyone possibly hermorize the products of all these different kinds of chemical reactions? Everything just looked like lines and letters to her; when was she ever going to use organic chemistry in her everyday life? She hoped never again.

For the next hour, she listened to all enhypen and love songs, rating them out and trying to enjoy her time as much as she can and forget the fight she left before she came to the bookstore. Trying as much possible things to ignore the fact that her parents are on intense tensions lately- almost every night.

She took a moment to stretch in her chair and realized it was close to midnight. She should probably head back, especially since she had early morning class tomorrow.

while she was particularly stressed. She had her fingers tangled in her hair with her face scrunched up in confusion at the words in front of her.

Deciding to just knock it up, she stood up and walked toward the shelves of books- her eyes wondering on every piece of book cover and title.

her eyes found one Shakespeare's best writings. Hamlet.

Grabbing the book from the section, she started to analyze the cover- it was a big ass tragedy filled with revenge and blood thirst, she remembered starting to read it but never had the chance to complete it.

Before putting it back, a hand grabbed another book located next to the hamlet. It was another work of Shakespeare. Turning her head to look at the presence beside her.

There, standing in front of her is the most attractive man her eyes have ever been blessed with the sight of. She could feel it even if the guy was wearing a face mask and a balck hoodie hoodie hiding his face.

"Are you going to put that back?" He said- his voice rang in her ears in a weird way that she couldn't undertand.

When she realized he had probably noticed her gaping at her like a fish, she quickly closed her mouth and tried to compose herself.

He has dark eyes that seem to swallow her up like a black hole of seduction, now and then seeming to twinkle mischievously. He was wearing a black hoodie, black jacket and black pants, his hands still grabbing a book.

His luscious hair that is almost as dark as his eyes were slightly parted at the front.

Her words again suddenly stuck in her throat- as always. She didn't nod or even say a word, she just put the book back to its place and went again for studying.

It was cute how embarrassed she was about it. She noticed him backing up in a pretty hideout place whilst he was reading. He didn't even pull his mask off.

He was a hideout person, and he integrated her- it was weird for her to feel unknown to hideout people, maybe that was because she was a hideout too?

Another message pulled her out from her thoughts, making her grab her phone and read the message from jaeyun.

Don't overwork sherself.

She smiled.

And he watched her respond to the message typing a thank you. He was glad that he could make it to recognize her when she started to type the message and he was sure that it wasn't just a mere accident or serendipity.

Watching her was addicting-the way her lips pressed into a firm line when she didn't understand something or how they curved into a stifled smile.

she wasn't oblivious to his stares, or the way he got flustered whenever she got to get angry while studying.

As much as she tried to hide her own interest, he had to be noticing her checking her out in return. And how his muscles in his arms shifted with every movement he did. One thing roaming her mind- stop checking him out.

❤️