20- some pain to write

As she found consciousness despite her many attempts to ignore it, she groaned out loud in protest at the awkwardness of her position, her one arm pinched between her body and the mattress, but decided that she was still too tired to move.

It felt as ifI was lying against the fire, whose flames gently licked at her skin and caused a layer of unwelcome sweat to cover her body.

her limbs were much too heavy to do just about anything and her skull felt like it'd been stuffed with cotton overnight and overlays.

Two days passed after her graduation. It's been two days since she was living alone with father after her mother left. They were insisting on a divorce- both of them. 

Her mother was more than happy to apply.

While she heard her father the day before crying in his own bedroom. He was trying to hide his tears in front of his daughter but little did he know that she was waiting for him to stop crying. 

Family is a term to cherish. 

Her father was now her family. 

Her only armor in the dark. 

She lied there like that, uncomfortable and sweltering, for another minute until the sensation of her nose being pressed against the pillow at an odd angle became too much.

She attempted to push herself up and discovered that there was something in her way, causing her  to scrunch her eyebrows together as her foggy brain, which could hardly remember her own name, tried to process the heavy object keeping her from moving. 

After she tried repeating the motion with the same outcome, she frustratedly pried her eyelids apart to determine she was the culprit that had disturbed her peace.

It was a teddy bear. A beautiful squeaky brown bear- and a big one. Looking back at the bear she noticed a note on her nightstand.

-a small late gift for your graduation sweety.

Sweety.

It was from her father.

Looking back again to her right-  The old photograph acted as a constant reminder that she's gone and nothing will ever go back to being the same.