Seeing her blush everytime the family called out Vikrant's name, Kabir understood the reason behind it. Vikrant had come to Mehra Mansion to see Isha before she left for USA for her work. Nishtha didn't leave her room as she didn't think she would be able to sit in the same room with him without giving away her feelings. She remained in her room, lost in her thoughts until Vikrant left.

NIGHT TIME

Kabir had returned home after dropping Isha at the airport. He was playing his play station his room to avoid the void in his heart. Nishtha walked into his room with a sulking face. Kabir was so immersed in his game, he didn't notice the intruder.

"Bhai!!" She sat beside him, in cute shorts and t-shirt.

(Nishtha's nightwear)

"Am very busy right now, come tomorrow" He said without shifting his eyes from the screen.

"Shut up" She made herself comfortable on the bed and started talking to him.

"Vikrant meri taaraf dekhte bhi nai hai (Vikrant does even see my side)" She complained to him feeling extremely low.

"Idiot!" Kabir said playing his game with utmost attention.

"Humse baat bhi nai karte (He doesn't even talk to me)" She complained again to receive the same response as earlier from him.

"He doesn't even acknowledge me" She sat on the bed huffing in defeat.

"Complete idiot"

"Stop calling him an idiot" She pulled his hair in anger.

"Agar woh tujhe bhau nai de raha toh usme mera kya qusoor?(If he isn't giving you attention, what's my problem there?)"

"Kuch karna na please. He doesn't even say hi" She looked at him with a pout.

"Then you go say hi" He said still playing his game.

"Nai, mujhe sharam aati hai (No, am shy)" She blushed and looked away. Just when she was about to ask him to do something, he received a call from Isha. Kabir immediately threw Nishtha out of his room, to avoid her teasings and knowing that it won't just end with talks... some washroom time will also be included.

NEXT DAY

"Which one of you will drop me to the temple?" Nishtha and Kabir's mum asked both of them as they had their breakfast.

"Bhai will go"

"Nishu will go" Both the brother-sister duo replied together and looked at each other with squint eyes.

"You go, you don't even come to the hospital early" Nishtha looked at him, reminding Kabir of his actions at the hospital.

"So? I have some work today which needs to be done urgently"

"Mumma.. Did you hear some noises coming from bhai's room last night?" Nishtha looked at him and wiggled her eyebrows, telling him subtly that she knew what was happening after she was thrown out of the room.

"Do I tell about your Viku?... Mumma" He whispered to her slowly and then called out his mother.

"I'll drop you" Nishtha said quickly before Kabir could reveal her secrets. She stood up to leave while Kabir smirked and continued his breakfast.

She wore her accessories and carried her files to the scooter. Her mother followed her outside and sat behind her.

 Her mother followed her outside and sat behind her

(Outfit for the day)

As she drove to the temple her mother asked her a few questions which she subtly answered without saying a proper yes or no.

"Even Sharma ji ka beta has returned from America"

"I don't want to go anywhere outside India ma.." She answered while driving.

"Then what about Neha's son.. he works here" Her mother responded almost immediately.  

"Is he a surgeon? I will only marry a doctor, the rest might not understand my profession" She stopped at the temple gate and looked behind at her mum.

"Acha baba ok, you can leave, I'll figure out a way to return home" Her mother answered. Nishtha drove to the hospital.

NISHTHA'S POV

I entered the hospital, looking for Vikrant. I checked my watch to see whether he would have arrived or not, but there was still a minute left to his arrival. I walked back to the parking lot and waited for him.

As soon as I spotted his car coming, I started walking to the lift which we both use to go to the same floor.

He walked in first inside the lift, i walked behind him and also stood behind him. The liftman pressed our floor. My eyes couldn't leave from him.

Ek baar hi boldo

Sun saiba sun, mere pyaar ki dhun

Sunno na Vikrant

Ek baar mujhe dekho toh sahi

The liftman looked at me.

Tu kya dekh raha hai, aage dekh

The liftman immediately looked ahead with wide eyes. We soon arrived on our floor. Vikrant walked infront of me as I followed him. He took a right turn towards his cabin as I took a left turn for mine. Placing the files and my backpack on the table I changed into scrubs with a sulking face.