V1 Chap 9 : Results

Começar do início

With a swift motion, she briefly grinned at me before delving back at her paper, scribbling through the empty space and writing a question for me. It seemed to be a math issue, since I spotted some numbers mixed in some words.

After writing two sentences, her head looked up before folding the paper in half and sliding it to me, seemingly done with her question. I eyed the folded paper thoroughly before picking it up from her hand and slowly opened it, while keeping an eye on her expression.

I don't exactly know what's going through her head, but whatever question she gave me shouldn't be a difficult one. She didn't use her phone to pick it up and only based it on her own knowledge, which doesn't surpass high school. It could be something advanced she picked it up randomly, but as far as I'm concerned, even 6 years old me could answer thi-

'If James has 2 Apples and Maria has 3 bananas, what is the distance between Earth and Jupiter'

....

What ?

" Hehe~ " My attention was drawn back from the paper towards Honami, who was chuckling like a little devil in front of me. " What's wrong Mr. Genius~ are you perhaps Strugg~ling ? "

She poked fun at me for my reaction, with a grin from ear to ear. However, I immediately recomposed myself and fired back.

" No. I'm not struggling " I denied it, shaking my head with a small smug on my face as I evaded her little trap. " In fact, I already know that the distance between Jupiter and Earth is approximately 611.45 Mil- "

" No, that's not it dummy~ " Honami cut through me, with her amused smirk lingering on her face. " You have to calculate it based on the information I gave you~ "

" What ? " At this, I emitted at her. " That's not possible. "

" Well~ that just proves that you cannot solve 'all' questions as you claim no~? " Honami argued.

" It was more appropriate of me to say 'all questions except absurd' ones like this, but I thought it was obvious. " I fought back, trying to hold my ground.

" Aww~ look at you being a little sore loser~ " She snickered, seemingly enjoying this whole bickering.

" I haven't lost tho, this is simply absurd. " I refuted, with a small shrug.

" But you simply couldn't solve my question, just suck it up and accept that you lost already~! " She rolled her eyes and grumbled, as if getting tired from trying to convince a wall.

" But I never lose. " I blurted out instinctively, as if it was natural.

Looking at this from an authentic standpoint, this does indeed count as a loss since I was unable to solve this question. However, it seems that my inner pride cannot accept it, being branded a loser.

" Hehe~ I like how subtle you are about your arrogance Kiyotaka~ " Honami called me out, branding me as arrogant this time. She slowly stood up from her seat and pointed at me, with a cocky grin on her face, to which I slightly tilted my head. " But unfortunately for you, you have already lost once during our time together~ "

" Huh ? " I emitted in surprise as I furrowed my eyebrows at her, looking at her confusingly. " Lost ? When ? "

I quickly ran up a scan, checking my memories for any meaning for her words. So far, the only times I genuinely lost was in sly contests such as video games or even other party games. However, even that was arguably winnable if I tried my hardest.

Was she talking about my fight with Manabu at the scholar event ? I thought it was pretty obvious that I was holding back, yet the same thing happened earlier so I might have to state it loudl-