Let's Go Together

Start from the beginning

Y/n walked down the hall towards her childhood bedroom. She didn't even make it to the door before tripping over the loose end of the carpet. She held on to the wall for support, before her vision became a bit blurry, ringing in her ear, and then a sharp pain that left as quickly as it came.

Y/n looked around the familiar house. Seeing the family pictures scattered around the walls. She grabbed her phone, seeing a notification pop up on her Lock Screen.

'Dad's birthday'

Hailee led out a sigh as she laid down on the couch. The house was warm and cozy, but she was feeling restless without y/n. Martini rested on the doggy bed right next to Hailee, her arm hanging down feeling the soft licks of her puppy.

A knock at the door caused Hailee to jerk up. She walked towards the door, going to the secretary panel and pulling up the front door camera. She raised brow but opened the door. She saw bob, and a woman next to him both with bright smiles, holding of food plate each.

"Hailee Good evening" bob says cheery.

"What brings you here at this hour?" Hailee asked kindly.

"I told my wife how you beat Jeff at poker, and how you and your wife are new to the lake town" he smiled. "Where is your wife by the way?" he asked.

"She is out at the moment, but will be back in a bit"

"Well, I hope you don't mind dear, we made some dinner and thought maybe you two would like some." The sweet lady spoke.

"I am getting pretty hungry. Please come in?" Hailee stepped back opening the door a little more. "Ima going to call y/n really quick" Hailee said, leading the couple towards the kitchen.

Once their Hailee walked towards the living room, getting her phone from the couch. She looked at y/n's number for a moment before pressing the call button. It didn't take long for a voice to come from the other end, though it wasn't y/n's angelic voice like she hoped.

"Hello"

"Isabelle, why are you picking up y/n's phone?" Hailee asked.

"Y/n left her phone on the kitchen table and went out"

"Is she okay?"

"From what I saw earlier she is doing okay. Listen Hailee, we are kind of busy now we are kind of having a birthday dinner thing?" Isabelle said.

"Birthday dinner thing?"

"Yes. Today is Uncle Elijah's birthday dinner. I'll let y/n know that you called, haiz." Isabelle softly spoke before hanging up the phone. Tossing her phone back on the couch she raised her hands above her head. She felt like she couldn't breathe.

"You feel okay there Hailee" Margret, bobs wife asked, placing a hand on Hailee's back.

"Yeah, it's just..."

"If you're feeling sick, my husband can help, he's a doctor" Margret said.

"I'm a neurosurgeon, dear" bob said from the kitchen.

"A doctor nonetheless"

Walking out the house, birthday cake in hand, y/n was careful not to drop it. She barely made it to the table, setting it down gently before taking the candles out of her pocket and putting them on the cake. Everyone around were talking in hush whispers. Elijah's siblings where there, all talking about their own life, complaining here and there, while others told boastful stories that always seemed to end with them nearly killing someone because they looked at them funny.

Y/n looked at her dad, lighting the candles up. She noticed Elijah pinching the side of his thigh.

"Will your thigh be, okay?" y/n asked. "Stop pinching your thigh trying to hold back your tears" y/n shook her head. Elijah cleared his throat.