32

"Wait so you're dad..." Ben trailed off as his face grew worryingly pale.

"Is a total asshole." Victor supplied with a grim face.

Guilt lined Ben's face as he turned to look at one of his closest friends. How could he not have noticed?
"God Richie I'm so sorry-"

Richie immediately shook his head and sighed softly. "Don't be Ben. You didn't know, and there's nothing you could've done anyways." He said as he shrugged. "Besides, everything's okay now."

The three boys finally arrived at Maggie's house and Richie led them inside. Richie took his shoes off and set them neatly by the door, Victor doing so as well since he has been over multiple times this past week, before instructing Ben to do the same. It was a rule Maggie had. No outside shoes allowed anywhere in the house past the entryway, unless they were going to the laundry room to be washed.

Ben immediately did as they other boys had done, he wanted to he nothing less than respectful to Maggie.

Richie shuffled towards the kitchen, Victor following close behind and Ben trailed after them.

"Hello dear, Victor- oh who's this?" Maggie asked as she looked up from the dining room table.

"Maggie, this is Ben, Ben, this is Maggie. He's one of my closest friends." Richie said and fiddled with his fingers.

Maggie gave her son a surprise look. She had been informed of Richie's current situation with his friends, so this was quite shocking.

"Hello! It's quite the pleasure to meet you Mrs. uh Maggie!" Ben said as his face flushed red in embarrassment.

Maggie smiled softly and nodded. "It's not too meet you too Ben. I've heard so much about you guys, it's nice to actually put a name to face."

Richie looked down at the comment and bit his lip hard. Victor wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling him towards himself and gently kissed his temple.

Bens chest exploded in hurt and guilt. He glanced over at Richie and that didn't help at all. He forced a smile as he looked back at Maggie and nodded. "Me too. Richie's a really good friend. Our other friends are just being dicks right now." He said bluntly.

Richie looked at Ben in surprise and couldn't help but smile. "Maggie, we're just gonna go hang out in my room for a bit. If that's alright?"

Maggie hummed and nodded. "Of course. Have fun." She smiled happily and waved them off before going back to her work.

The three boys made their way down to Richie's room and once they were in their own private space, Richie turned and practically jumped onto Ben to give him a bear hug.

"I've missed you so much." He cried out.

Ben closed his eyes as he hugged his friend back just as tight. "I've missed you so much too Rich." He whispered.

The two stayed like that for awhile, just hugging each other as tightly as their bodies would allow it. Victor gave the two their much needed space and just read one of Richie's comics on his bed.

"I wasn't telling the whole truth earlier- about Eddie and Carter I mean. I think they might actually break up." Ben said all of a sudden.

Richie froze and very slowly pulled away from Ben to get a good look at him. "What?" This even for Victors interest from the bed but he didn't interject, he just listened.

Ben shrugged and looked at Richie. "They've just been arguing a lot recently and not fully making up. Apparently Eddie's being a real bitch and Carters tired of it."

"Why are you telling me this? I'm not- I'm not exactly in good terms with anyone right now."

Ben shrugged and smiled softly. "I've always felt like you and Eddie were the ones that were meant to be."

Richie's breathing hitched and he stared at Ben as he tried to calm himself down before he started getting himself worked up. At the sight of this, Victor was off the bed and next to him in an instant.

"Hey hey.." he wrapped an arm around Richie and slowly led him to the bed and sat him down on the edge of it. "In and out with me yeah?" He took deep breaths in and slow breaths out for Richie to match and rubbed his back soothingly.

Ben stared at the two, in shock mostly because he didn't really think he said anything bad, did he? Oh wait- Victor and Richie are a thing aren't they? Oh shit he just.. oh He is a dead man.
"I-I'm sorry! I just..." he doesn't even know how to explain himself.

Victor smiled softly and looked over at Ben. "You're all good Ben, don't worry. You just broke Richie's mind is all."

"What? B-but aren't you two like dating?" Ben squeaked out as he shifted in his spot.

Victor laughed. "Oh god no. We're just like friends with benefits is all. He's still helplessly in love with Eddie. Clearly-" he gently smacked Richie upside the head, which seemed to do the trick.

Richie sucked in a deep breath and his head snapped from where he was zoning out on the floor to Ben. He stood up and raced back over to his friend. "I just want Eddie to be happy Ben."

Ben sighed and looked at his friend fondly. "He's really not happy with Carter."

__________
HEY
I'm not dead I just started college so yeah