Just Like We Were Kid

Comincia dall'inizio

Hailee couldn't help but laugh, shaking her head at the many times Taylor would gush over y/n. Hailee would admit, she liked listening to Taylor talking about y/n. Did It make her jealous, yes of course. But she loved hearing Taylor talk about the project's y/n would do.

"Look Tay, I know you're worried about me, about y/n. But... for right now, can we pretend that everything is just fine. How it's supposed to" Hailee said giving a weak smile. Taylor placed her arm around the younger girl's shoulder, pulling her in for a hug. The two pulled away when they finally heard one of the employees call out for the release, telling everyone to stay in a single file line.

"Fucking finally" Hailee mumbled.

Hailee was happy that y/n had purchased the game early on. All she had to do was go to the counter and ask for it, getting everything y/n wanted. It was even more lucky because Hailee had remembered she had forgotten her wallet, so having to not pay for anything was a big plus.

The two got out of the store laugh and joking about the random things that randomly popped into their tired heads.

"You two seem wide awake"

The two girls looked up from their comic booklet they received about Hawkeye and saw y/n, helmet still on walking towards them. It was the voice alone that made Hailee, drop everything and run towards the girl, and jumping on her. Y/n caught her, holding on to her tightly as Hailee wrapped her body around the older girls.

"Don't worry y/n, we got everything. I'm keeping this comic though. As payment" Taylor said waving the booklet around.

"Take it. My heart belongs to Oliver Queen, The Green Arrow, the best archer ever" Y/n said. Hailee cleared her throat. "And Hailee of course"

"Bro you literally play Kate bishop on Hawkeye. I would assume you like Clint"

"I like the paycheck more" y/n shrugged still holding onto to her wife. "Am I going to carry you all the way down to the car" y/n asked.

"S-sorry" Hailee mumbled, about to get down, but y/n kept a tight grip.

"Anyways, Taylor I have a car waiting to take you home. If it's okay, I'd like to take Hailee, just the two of us"

Taylor nodded, giving the two girls a smile before walking off. Y/n adjusted Hailee some more, and not let her slip.

"Where are we going?" Hailee said sleepily, hiding her face on the crook of y/n's neck. But the helmet was in Hailee's way.

"I want to keep the promise I made back then. About us running away. Going somewhere just us two" Y/n said softly.

They finally reached the parking garage. Y/n opened the door, placing Hailee inside. She took off her helmet, watching as Hailee slept. She leaned in placing a soft kiss on the girls' lips. Pulling back, y/n grabbed the seat belt and buckled her in before staring at the young girl for a moment longer.

How y/n wished to pause time in that moment. How she wishes to just stay there and wonder what the young girl was dreaming about. Was she having a pleasant dream, or a simple one. One where there are far away, fighting off pirates or perhaps in a dream where it's just them two, laying down on a beautiful field, star gazing.

She pulled away from the girl, closing the door before making her way towards the driver's side, and starting up the engine. Then turned up the music just a bit to have some form of noise before driving off.

Y/n drove all morning to the beautiful, isolated area, with a beautiful forest terrain, and the house was right in front of a large lake. She pulled into the driveway. Hailee was still asleep, and y/n couldn't blame her. She was up all night, trying to get her soundtrack. She leaned over and grabbed martini from the back seats. The small puppy was also sleeping in her little crate.