Chapter Two - The Arrival

After the long train ride, they ring the bell, and it's time for me to get off. I pick up my bags, and be on my way. As I turn to walk backwards towards the stairs, I realise he was gone. I freeze for a moment, trying to make out a word or two. "How." I stutter while pointing at the exact seat, eye twitching, and body shaking.

I turn, and walk down the stairs in shock. As I set foot onto the sandy terrain, I could tell this was a bad idea. I take a look over the town, knowing this was a mistake, yet knowing there was no way back.

I take another look at my watch, to calculate the time it took to get here, and it reads 10:34am. Meaning, if I ever had to go back, it wouldn't be easy. As I roll my suitcase towards me, I stand in shock, and the train door closes automatically.

I walk towards the front of the train slowly, leaving my luggage on the floor. I look inside the train, but there was no driver. Feeling more trapped, more lonely, I decide to give up on the place. I just arrived, yet I'll be leaving. I walked straight back, and picked up my stuff, however, I realised something was missing. I look around, under the train, unto the train tracks, reach in, but feel or see nothing. With the hope that I had left, I sigh. I get up and wipe the dust off my knees, and turn to look straight. I walk to the first house on the street, and ask where the train station is, to which she responds, "We're in the middle of nowhere. There is no way back. You are now also part of his trap." to which she shuts the door into my face.

I didn't know what to do, so I just walked to the next house. And the next. And the next. They all told me the same thing, so I decided to give up, again. "Better find my house then," I thought. "These clothes won't settle themselves." I say under my breath, as I look for my door number. However, when I passed the main street, I could see a dark figure in the locomotives' seat. I studied the figure, and once again, learned that this 'creature' had a top hat. Which I remembered, almost perfectly. Staring right at it, I realise the head tilt towards me. I turn away almost instantly, hiding behind the Not-So-Corner store. I limp forward, into my street, looking for my house. And once I found it, I would never leave the building.

Credits to NDTV.com for the picture used for the chapter.