Chapter 8

Everyone who was there, including me, turned to the side of the voice. I could then see the face that I expected.

With a lovely face like a white daisy, Aisha was walking with her hands clenched to the front of the dress.

"It's quite rude, Your Grace. How can you speak like that in the Emperor's presence!"

"Oh, I'm sorry secretary! I'm just so glad to see him so I forgot..." Aisha blinked slowly and let out a shy smile and the secretary shook his head in amazement at the lack of courtesy.

Aisha then stepped up close to Alexander, "Your Majesty, I missed you,"

"I can't believe you're going against the Emperor's honor..." The strict secretary seemed even more displeased with Aisha's lack of formality by calling out Alexander's name, but the others besides the secretary did not seem to share the same thought. Well mainly because she is the heroine of this novel, so it's not that surprising.

Alexander's face on the other hand remained expressionless only his eyebrows rose tightly in an unfavorable shape.

"I would very much like to see you daily, Your Majesty," Aisha continued.

Huh? Just now...

At that very moment, I felt like Aisha was looking at my side although it was very momentary. 

Alexander seemed to have something to say, but Aisha did not wait for him to open his mouth. She approached him and crossed her arms around him and there was no hesitation or awkwardness in its appearance.

And once again, Aisha's gaze turned this way and it was clear this time.

I'm sure she's been watching me this whole time, waiting for my response.

I was so stunned that I was about to laugh out loud.

It looks like she wants to keep me in check.

"You didn't know how much I was looking forward to this dinner party! Your Majesty, me, and Robe... It's a perfect time for Your Majesties to eat together!"

"It happens every week, so what are you looking forward to so much?" Alexander asked in a subdued voice, the cave resonating like voice boomed with a distinct sound even though it was quite far away.

"It will be fun to be here every week and every day, and after all isn't it a place for the whole family to gather?"

The whole family? She seemed to argue that she was thinking of me as family. The second half of the original novel would have made it sound a little more convincing if Robelia had not died from loneliness after the protagonists neglected her.

"Your Grace, please pay attention to what you say in such a place," 

Aisha then cried out when the secretary rebuked her worry for me. "Huh? Did I say something I shouldn't have said? I just said it without thinking much..." Aisha's gaze was constantly looking at me throughout. 

You must be wondering when I will reveal my pain.

But unfortunately, I wasn't hurt at all.

What does it matter to me whether she's trying to get together with Alexander or not?

However, if it was the real Robelia who aspired for Alexander, she might have fallen into such a lax provocation. But I was fortunately not the real one.

I didn't even want to laugh at her shallow figure because I didn't want to give her a single penny of interest or effort.

And finally, the primary purpose of my attending this dinner party came into sight.