Chapter 5: Another Uzumaki

Start from the beginning

Kozuya looked down gravely. "I'm afraid I cannot tell you Raikage-sama. It can only be known by the Konoha leader."

______________________________________

Sasuke and Naruto stayed quiet as they neared a small village said to be the present hiding place of the redheaded female they sought after. Naruto had already instructed Sasuke to do a sweep of the village's chakra signatures in order to find one that belonged to her.

Sasuke had grunted, amused that his rival, brother and best friend started bossing him around. But he had complied nonetheless, and he found it odd that Karin's chakra signature had been faintly similar to the Uzumaki beside himself, minus the Kyuubi's chakra of course. But it was there, faint, but present.

The young man's onyx black eyes blinked red for a second before he raised his voice. "She's here," his eyes narrowed to slits. "She knows we're here."

"How do you know that?" The blonde asked regarding the second statement the Uchiha mentioned.

"She tried to hide it but a second too late." Sasuke curtly replied, wondering what the Hokage needed with his former Hawk teammate. "We should hurry, I'm not sure if she'll try to escape us."

Naruto replied by picking up his pace till he was just a yellow and orange blur running through the forest with a black shadow trailing him.

Sasuke had taken the lead upon their arrival on the outskirts of the village, knowing that the Sharingan-weilder was more familiar with her chakra he could easily find her. They ended up in a small stone house on the far end of the village, separated from the rest of the residences and buildings built closely together, the hut stood out. But its lack of color and grandeur had kept people from actually noticing it in contrast to the bright and livid colors found in the village.

Sasuke calmly strode up the steps that lead to the front door and knocked. Naruto stayed about three paces back and remained silent though he was surprised with the good-mannered action of his teammate. The Uchiha wasn't known for manners, and he certainly left the Uzumaki dumbfounded when he knocked instead of breaking down the door off its hinges.

After a few moments, the door opened to reveal a young girl with brown eyes and pale blonde hair falling in irregular lengths down her back as if she herself had taken the liberty to cut it. Contrary to her feminine and childish features, she wore a black shirt and black pants that made her look too pale for a living being. Her round eyes moved from Sasuke to Naruto and back again, remaining expressionless.

"What do you want?" She suddenly asked.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow, he ventured the child was just 5 or 6 based on her height and features but she spoke so straightforwardly that she might have been a little older than her appearance gave away. "Who else are you living with?"

"My grandmother," she answered immediately as if in haste. "Why? Who are you?"

"Hi little girl!" Naruto suddenly answered, coming toward the front door and stooping down on his heels to be in eye-level with the girl. "I'm Uzumaki Naruto and this is my friend Sasuke, we're looking for someone and you might know her."