Epilogue: Bonus (04)

Date Night

##

Jungkook grips your hand as you walk past the door, your eyes widening at the suite that you're both led to. It's nicer and more comfortable than you expected, and you turn to your husband who seems just as surprised.

"You may order drinks and snacks," the staff points to the monitor by the coffee table. "And please press this button once you're ready to place your bets."

You smile at her and give your thanks while Jungkook stands by the floor-to-ceiling window that looks out onto the race track.

"Cool stuff," he says, looking at you with a smile. "I never understood the appeal of these things but grandfather loves watching this."

"Then why are we here, then?" You chuckle.

You didn't think Jungkook would be into this, too, especially since he's more into activities that require him to move around.

"Because," he starts, "competing with you is fun. I didn't think you had it in you."

"You just never played Street Fighter with me, Kook," you playfully roll your eyes. "I was a screaming and competitive mess when I was younger."

"Which I never knew since you never played with me," he pouts.

"Because you were so good and I didn't want to embarrass myself," you argue. "I told you, I had a little crush on you then. And I still do."

You see the tips of his ears turn pink and he tries hard to not smile too much, but he still does, the scrunch of his nose too adorable for you to not squeal internally.

Jungkook always had that charm growing up, and that intensified when puberty hit - he got rid of his bowl cut, he gained some muscle, and his confidence skyrocketed, mostly because he was in the soccer team and that immediately made him one of the popular ones. His being a rich kid - who always threw parties at the village clubhouse or at rented hotels - added to that, and of course, the fact that he's always been incredibly handsome.

You could think of a dozen other girls from high school who matched his outgoing personality and level of popularity - there was that star gymnast whom he dated for a while, the class President who was as sociable as she was smart, the model whom everyone had a crush on, and so many others.

He enjoyed those years, that much you knew. He had a different girlfriend every few months. But when it came to you, well, he rarely looked your way. Of course, now you know why, but still - high school you wouldn't have believed it if you told her that in 10 years, you'd be making the Jeon Jungkook blush and get all shy the way he is right now.

The announcement that the next race will start soon brings you back to the present. Jungkook motions for you and you stand with him by the window, his arm around your waist, as you both observe the horses.

He disregards the call for bets, making you think that he took you here specifically for the bet between the both of you, and somehow that makes you even more excited.

"So, what are the rules?" You ask, turning to him.

"Alright, so there are 8 horses racing," he starts. "We each bet on 4 different ones. Their rank in the race will be equivalent to points. We'll add them up after 3 rounds and whoever has lower points, wins."

"Why can't it just be that the winning horse for the round scores a point for us and first to 2, wins?" You ask, wondering why he's making it more complicated.

"Because when I win both rounds, then that's it. Where's the fun in that?" He scoffs. "Plus, it's more entertaining if we keep on rooting for the horses until the race ends."