6

Noah's POV

*****

I ran back to the house. All I could think about was Katerina. Did she just reject me? I get it's a lot to take in. I don't blame her for being afraid but I need her to know I would never hurt her. The last thing I want to do is hurt her. It felt like this huge force just punched me in the chest. I wasn't gonna lie, it hurt to know she's afraid of me.

I ran upstairs and grabbed one of her shirts from her laundry hamper. I needed to get her scent. I ran back down stairs. I didn't bother to shift because I didn't want to scare her again. I followed her scent into the woods. It was pretty strong still so she didn't get far.

After about 5 minutes of running I could hear soft sobbing. I stopped and looked around. I saw her sitting on a fallen tree.

"Noah, please. Leave me be." she said softly. It broke my heart to see her cry. I just wanted to hold her and make everything better.

"Katerina-" I began but she interrupted, "Please!" she turned to face me. I examined her face. She was still the most stunning thing on this planet even with her mascara running and bags underneath her eyes. She turned back around and stared her hands. I walked over to the log and sat down next to her and took her hands in mine. She flinched at first but she just gave in.

"Katerina, I know this is something that you need time to think about. I want you to know that all those people in that house up there would never try to hurt you on purpose. We all want to protect you. We need to protect you. Let's just say that there's a lot of people who would stop at nothing to have you dead but I will do anything and everything to make sure that never, ever happens."

I continued, "There's this thing with Wolves that we basically have a soul mate. And when we meet that soul mate our whole world changes. The connection is even more powerful for an Alpha, which soon I'm going to be. Now, it's rare for a human and a werewolf to be mates but it does happen. I feel this crazy connection with you that I can't just shake off."

She look at me with confusion then looked at the ground. "So, you're basically saying that you think I'm your "soulmate"?

"Yeah. That's exactly what I'm saying. It's rare but possible."

"This is just too much." She stood up and let go of my hand. "I'm sorry but I've got to go." She began walking back to the house. I was about to chase after her but I decided against it. I need to give her space.

*****

So short I know but I haven't updated in forever! I'm going to try to update as much as I can before school starts. Lemme know what you think so far! 💖

xoxo (gossip girl lol I had to) Brianna