3

Noah's POV

I began to walk with Connor and Wes down the hill to the office building on the bottom of the hill. My dad made it for pack meetings and office work instead of doing it all at our house or at the pack house. Our house is only for the Alpha family. The other pack members who are either too young to live alone or can't afford it live in the pack house a couple of minutes away from the office building.

We walked in and took our jackets off and headed into the main room with the giant table. My mother and father were already there. They are both the current Alpha and Luna but I'm supposed to be taking the position once I find my Luna. Which I believe I already have.

When she first walked in, her amazing scent hit me. I had to walk into the kitchen to look at her. I couldn't tear my eyes away from her. She has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen in my entire life. Her long blonde hair fell perfectly down her back and shoulders. Her skin is a beautiful golden color and looks so soft. I couldn't get my mind off of her. I had to talk to her but of course this meeting had to ruin everything.

We walked in and sat down. To my surprise, Katerina's parents, Anne and Richard, were sitting down quietly. My father had told me about them and how they were rouges but had a daughter with some kind of gift. I'm guessing it's her looks or personality or maybe she's amazing at something. I have no clue. I'm hoping this meeting is going to give me answers.

Everyone was silent when we walked in. The tension was immense. My dad cleared his throat "Thank you all for joining us. We have some news for you all. This has to be kept secret. It's a huge thing and this secret getting out will cause a lot of bloodshed."

He motioned at Richard. Richard looked at Anne and nodded. She stood up and walked in the front of the room. She cleared her throat "As you may know already, our daughter is.. special. You guys have probably heard of the old story about the moonstone and how that is the key for all werewolves and vampires and the supernatural basically. The witch who casted the spell on it told everyone it was on the stone. But that isn't the case.." She looked down at her hands nervously.

She continued,"My mother told me that she was labeled as the Moon Goddess right before she pasted away. Right when she pasted away I found out I was pregnant, with Katerina. She believed the "curse" skipped a generation since it didn't happen to her mother or me. But basically, Katerina is now the Moon Goddess but is still a human and is vulnerable. She resembles the moonstone in a sense. She holds the curse in place which means all the vampires are going to be after her, even maybe werewolves cause they don't want to have to deal with the wolves inside them. It's mainly the rouges up north who feel like this but me and my husband went on a "business trip", so we told Katerina, so we could ask other packs about this. They want to help us out and since we are good friends with the family of the Alpha, and this is the biggest pack in North America, we are coming to you to help us out and to keep Katerina safe."

My mouth was wide open. I was shocked. Out of all people, of course my mate has to be the one everyone is after. My father looked straight at me and nodded. This was a lot of responsibility and I know I will need his help. I will do anything to make sure Katerina, my mate is safe.

"Does she know?" Wes asked Anne. She sighed. "No. Not yet, but we are planning to tell her very soon." Wes and Connor both looked at me. I had already told them she was my mate. I decided to speak up about that.

I stood up and everyone turned their heads to me. "I do have something that you should know, Anne. When I first saw Katerina, I knew. She is my mate. And I will do anything and everything to protect her."

Her eyes widened and she grinned and squealed like a little girl. "SHE'S YOUR MATE?! OH MY GOD!" She jumped for joy. Everyone chuckled in the room at her reaction.

Richard spoke saying,"But she is human. How could that be?"

"It's rare that this happens but not impossible." My mother told him. It's true. It doesn't happen very often. But I know she is my mate. I just have that feeling inside me.

"We need to come up with a game plan. I would like to meet tomorrow morning at 10:00 to figure everything out." My father stated and everyone nodded.

We all gathered our stuff and began to walk our separated ways. Of course, Janice and Anne were all on my case about Katerina. They threaten me about treating her right and protecting her. It was sweet that they cared so much about her but I assured them that the last thing I want to do is hurt her.

We got back to the house and I went straight to Katerina's room. I quietly opened the door to see her asleep and with her laptop open to Netflix. I chuckled softly when I saw she was watching Bob's Burgers. I love that show too. I walked over and petted her hair softly and gave her a kiss on the temple. Just the slight gesture made my senses tingle. This girl is going to be the death of me, I know it. I was about to walk out when I felt a small hand grab my wrist.

Her soft, quietly sleepy voice spoke "Don't leave me. Please." It was so quiet it was almost a whisper. I turned back around and closed her laptop. I climbed in the bed and she rolled over and rested her head on my chest and wrapped her arm around me. I could stay like this forever. But before I knew it, I was knocked out.

*****