2

I finally finished unpacking all my stuff. The room that I was staying in had white walls with floor to ceiling windows to look outside at the forest. It was a beautiful view but I wish I could see the lake from my bed. But it's better than where we used to live where I used to wake up to my neighbors outside wall.

My room had white walls but with dark wood furniture. It had dark wooden floors which made my feet cold when I walked on it. My bed was a Queen sized bed with four bed posts and a white drape looking thing above it. I, of course, had lavender colored bed spread since it's my favorite color.

The bed was very comfy and I had a somewhat good nights rest but one thing was on my mind. Noah. I couldn't get my mind off of him. I also couldn't wrap my head around the incident yesterday with him and my dad. It was weird how my dad bowed his head to Noah. It's like he was intimidated by Noah. Like I get that he's a muscular guy but he didn't look all that mean.

My stomach growled which snapped me out of my thoughts. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a quick shower. I threw my hair up in a loose ponytail and slipped into a sweater and leggings and rushed downstairs.

Janice was downstairs chatting with my mom while the boys were in the living room again. I met this middle boy named Jake, who was about 14, as well as the littlest one Henry, who was 5. Jake seemed like a troubled kid but Henry was such a sweet little boy. He was the cutest little thing. I've always wanted little siblings to play around with.

What was odd was it was louder than before. Of course, they were playing video games but, there were other people there. I walked in to the room and looked down at the floor to see Henry and Jake playing a board game. I looked over to the couch to see two other boys that looked to be around Noah's age that were on either side of Noah. The glanced over at me and then looked again but longer. Their eyes went up and down my body until they gazed at my eyes. I'm not going to lie, they were hot. One of them had blonde hair and blue eyes and the other had light brown hair and hazel eyes.

I blushed and looked down at the floor. I heard a low growl, or so I thought, which brought my attention to Noah. He was wearing a white and navy blue baseball t-shirt and some tan colored jeans. That's it. He's found my weakness. Goddamn.

"Kat!" I heard a small voice say and looked down to see arms wrapped around my leg. I giggled "Good morning, handsome!" I said while picking him up. He's pretty heavy but I'm not very strong so I can't really say anything. He wrapped his arms around me. "Do you want to play with me and Jake?" He asked excitingly.

"Hmm how about a little later, we can go play outside?" He smiled widely and nodded. I put him back down next to Jake. I gave him a kiss on the forehead and glanced over to the three guys on the couch who were watching my ever move. I chuckled to myself and stood up to walk into the kitchen.

I grabbed my bowl of cereal and walked to the table. My mom and Janice weren't there anymore but I looked over on the fridge to see a flyer with a yoga class that is today and starts in about 30 minutes. I smiled. I'm glad my mom is warming up to Janice and found a friend. Frankly, she's really needing someone to talk to and vent. I'm pretty tired of her venting to me. I took my phone out of my sweater pocket and scrolled through my social media news feeds. I keep seeing pictures of my friends back in San Francisco. I'm missing them and the city. It's funny that I even miss my old school. I'm starting tomorrow at Oakwood High.

Pulling my from my thoughts, I heard footsteps behind me. All three boys came in and sat around the table. For a couple of seconds they just sat there, watching me eat my cereal which got pretty creepy. I cleared my throat "May I help you.."

They just looked at each other and smiled. Then the blonde one finally spoke up "Your probably wondering who we are right?"

I chuckled "Well you must be Noah's friends right?" He nodded and continued "The names Connor and he's Wes." pointing to the brunette sitting across from him. Wes only waved at me and slightly smiled.

"May I ask how old you all are?" I said. I only really want to know about Noah. He definitely looks out of high school while I'm still a junior.

"20" Noah replied quietly. I stopped eating for a second. Crap. He's probably too old for me. This sucks. He just needs to stop being so attractive. His deep voice makes me shiver every time he speaks. I know he knows that too cause he smirks every time I shiver. Why does he make me feel like this?

"How about you, Baby girl" Connor said. Noah shot him a glare. If looks could kill, Connor would be a goner. Connor bowed his head to Noah. What the hell is up with everyone being so intimidated by Noah? Is he really that much of a threat? I finally replied "I'm 16. I'm going to be 17 in a couple of months."

Noah and I gazed at each other. His green eyes had me locked in place. I get lost so quickly in them. Now I know how people feel with me and my eyes.

My gaze got interrupted but a small tug at my sweater. I looked down next to my chair to find Henry. "Let's go outside and play!" he said cheerfully, putting a smile on my face. I glanced at the guys again and pushed back my chair. I brought my bowl to the sink and cleaned it out. I walked back over to Henry.

"Well mister, what do you want to play?" poking his belly, making him giggle. "Let's go play catch!" he threw his arms up in the air. He ran to the closet to get a ball and scurried back over to me. I laughed at his excitement and adorableness. I walked over to the glass door and opened it. Henry ran across the room and out the door and jumped around on the grass. I laughed and ran over to him.

*****

Wow! That kid wears you out. I'm so exhausted of chasing him around in the backyard. I plopped on my bed and just stared at the ceiling. I just began drifting to sleep as the door opened and in walked Noah. I sat up and met his gaze. His eyes went black and full version of lust really quickly.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked looking over his body. He smirked when he saw I was checking him out and completely ignored my question. "Checking me out?" He laughed. His laugh made my stomach turn inside. What in the world is this guy doing to me?

"No. Of course not." I lied. He smirked "You're not a very good liar, Katerina. You're as easy to read as a book." I glared at him.

"No I am not." I tried to defend myself but what's the use? I know I'm a horrible liar. "What are you doing in here anyways?" I tried to change the subject.

"Well, I didn't properly introduce myself. And since you're going to be living here, we might as well.. get to know each other." he smiled deviously. What is this boy up to?

"Don't worry, Sweetheart" he said walking closer to me. It's like he could read my mind. Just as I was about to say something he got a text from someone. He read the text and seemed to be concerned and in a rush.

"Wait, where are you going? What's wrong?" I asked before he left my room.

"Oh nothing, just pa-" he stopped mid sentence. "family stuff.. Gotta go." he said quickly and rushed out. I wonder what he was going to say first before he stopped.

Whatever it was, I hope everything is okay.

*****

Noah's POV is going to be next chapter.