Twenty one

May 27th

Harvey's POV:

"So you guys are dating dating then, right?" Oakley questions me and Milo who is sat next to me on our hill we claimed. Milo's hand halted in mid air from plucking out the flowers Darcie decorated my hair with.

He told me there was a bug on one and I freaked out while he cruelly laughed at me, then I told him I will never speak to him again if he doesn't get it out.

We glance at each other before looking around the group, "you know we are" Milo tells him but Oakley just wafts him away with a hand. I try to make the sick feeling in my stomach dissappear.

It still scares me that my friends know that I'm gay and know that me and Milo are dating. Just because I'm scared it might get back to my father.

"No like properly, you've been on two dates already and you've kissed. But are you dating dating" I shake my head and roll my eyes at him, he's just as nosy as Milo sometimes.

"Are you dating anyone? Is that why you're wondering hmm?" I turn the question around on him and see his cheeks tint a bit.

We all turn to stare at him, "err- well, that's why I was wondering. Do you know that girl that gave me her number not too long ago?" We all 'yes' in sync.

"Yeah, well we went out on a date and now we're going on another but she wanted to do a group date." Me and Milo glance at each other again, trying to communicate through our eyes.

I see Emmy hang his head, depressingly picking at the grass blades. Darcie puts her arm around his shoudler to comfort him.

I widen my eyes at Milo in a 'NO' and he squints his eyes at me, trying to understand what I'm saying.

So I glare at him subtly, trying not to let Oakley see, I try anything to get a no out of him. But him being him...

"Yes! We'd love to." I groan and throw my hands up and give up, he gives me a sheepish look when he relaises I didn't that I wanted him to say no. Oakley's eyes dart between us before pointing at Milo.

"Yes, he said yes! No take backs" I roll my eyes at his idiocy and throw some grass at him to which he gasps at.

He and Milo plans the double date as I sit back and watch the clouds. I see Darcie tap Emmy's hand and I kind of feel bad, he looks heartbroken.

We all know Emmy has liked Oakley since forever, we can see it with the way he looks at him. And Darcie did say Emmy loved his best friend for longer than he can even remember. It's quite sad that he's never done anything about it.

But now Oakley is going on a date, with a girl. We don't know if he's straight or not because we've never asked because he always talks about girls. So we've just assumed.

"Hey, you okay?" I whisper to Emmy and his head snaps up in purse shock, shock that I'm the one comforting him. Which I can't get mad at because that's a thing I do so rarely.

He then glances towards Milo and Oakley to see them talking with each other and me shrugs sadly. "I hate feelings" I bite at my bottom lip and sigh, I then scoot closer to him so our shoudlers are touching and he looks at me with a small sad smile.

"You should tell him" he smile drops instantly and he shakes his head in panic, Darcie is off chasing a butterfly she spotted somewhere else. A pretty one with blue wings, the blue remind me of Milo's eyes.

"No, no I can't. I couldn't do that to him, we've been best friends since forever. What if we lose all of that just because I-"

"Because you're human and you developed feelings for someone you love?" His mouth snaps shut and he looks down at his hands, he's slightly shaking and I feel for him. He's an anxious boy, shy, quiet.