"Kakashi, you are so talented , you will be undoubtedly an outstanding ninja someday!"

Upon hearing this, Obito's brow immediately furrowed. You didn't despise Rin - she made you feel sort of inferior, but she was so kind-hearted and gentle that you could not bring yourself to hate her. Hate was a potent emotion, and there was no place for it in the heart of a child. What you truly abhorred was how Rin made Obito feel. You knew how much he adored her, and you loved him beyond measure.

Lost in your thoughts, you noticed a sorrowful expression in Obito's deep, charcoal eyes. They had always held you captive, for they were so expressive, almost like an open book. His eyes were one of his most stunning and remarkable features, and you often felt like you could get lost in them or even drown. Seeing him so disheartened in front of the girl he fancied was unbearable. You lightly punched his shoulder and said,

"Come on, Obito, cheer up! You'll make it next time. How about we go grab some ramen? My treat."

At the mention of 'ramen,' Obito's face lit up once more.

"Would you do that for me?! You truly are the most excellent friend in the world!"

He then wrapped his arms around you, lifting you off the ground with his bone-crushing hug. It was heartening to see Obito's beautiful smile returning to his face, but his words 'the best friend' continued to echo in your head.

'He just friend-zoned me,' you thought.

After devouring several bowls of ramen, you began to train together. You decided to start with direct combat, and Obito soon had you pinned to the ground.

"Gotcha, Y/N! You'll finally pay for what you did this morning," he said triumphantly.

"I don't think so," you responded, your body transforming into a log as you reappeared behind Obito.

Unexpectedly, Obito kicked your legs, causing you to lose balance and almost fall to the ground. He caught you and got on top of you. Despite your protests, an evil smirk formed on his lips, and he began to tickle you.

"Now feel the wrath of the future Hokage!" he exclaimed between bouts of laughter.

When you finally stopped training, it was already dark outside, and you laid together on the cold grass, watching the stars and chatting.

"What is your favourite colour?" you asked.

"Blue," he replied.

"If you could be an animal, what would you be?"

"I would be a (favourite animal). What about you?"

"I would be a tiger so that I could protect all of my friends... and Rin, of course."

"You fancy her, don't you?" you teased.

"No, I don't. What makes you say that?" he asked, visibly embarrassed.

"It's just that you always blush and stare around her..."

"Am I that transparent?"

"Yes!" you replied, laughing.

Obito's cheeks turned a deeper shade of red, and he unexpectedly got up.

"Wow, look at the time! We should head back home. Come on, Y/N, I'll walk you"

He then dropped you off at your house, your heart ached a bit knowing that he indeed had a crush on Rin

-----
You and Obito had achieved the rank of genin, an accomplishment that filled you both with pride and excitement. The students who had successfully passed were now anxiously waiting in the classroom, eagerly anticipating the announcement of the teams they would be assigned to.