Chapter Twelve: Water Gym

Narrator p.o.v

After such fun fight jazz and Hop finally made it to Hulbury the home to the water-type gym leader bit the two decided to split off as jazz needed to heal his team in the Pokemon center and once he was done he exited the building and was about to head to the gym when he saw a small grows surrounding someone very familiar to him.

Jazz p.o.v

It took me a moment to realize who those girls were surrounding but once I got closer I realized it was chairman Rose who was with his assistant, "it's best we get going sir" his assistant stated but he just chuckled her off "don't worry we need to keep the fans happy" Rose said as he waved at the girls as they walked away "yes keeping the fans is good which is why we should get to work" his assistant explained.

That's when the all-so-familiar annoying voice of that guy from gala mine spoke up "I promise to do everything in my power to assist you chairman" he said and if I could see him right now I bet his nose would be brown with how far he is up the chairman's ass, but sadly he was standing in a position where the chairman and his assistant were in the way, "oh and you were?" Rose asked which almost made me laugh as he had forgotten this guy's name.

"it's bede sir" bede sounded concerned "ah that's right! Bede! I daresay I'm impressed how far you have come maybe you'll be the next champion" Rose said feeding that idiots ego more, "but maybe the two that the Champion endorsed will be in your way" Rose stated which got my attention, "oh please I already beat the one kid and the other got lucky and just barely beat me" bede lied "but I better get going I have a gym to beat" he explained and then I heard him walk away.

Suddenly the two turned around to face me and the chairman had a huge smile on his face "ah well speak of the devil" the chairman said as he saw me, "I would love to talk to you but I will need to go and I think you have a water gym to get to" he said as he walked away but his assistant didn't "he does want to talk to you after you beat the gym ... From what I have heard she's a bit upset and is waiting near the pier... Once you beat her go to the towns seafood shop for the meeting" his assistant said before walking away.

It was a weird interaction but it wasn't going to hold me back as healing my Pokemon has most likely made me miss Hops gym battle, but I can still give it a chance so I sprinted towards the gym and when I got there I had to run past it and to the pier that was close by, at the very end next to a lighthouse was the gym leader standing and looking off into the sea, I felt an aura of sadness and regret from her posture she then looked over her shoulder to see who was coming up to her.

"you know it's hard being a gym leader ... You are here to be beaten and that's all," she said as she returned to her view of the sea, "it hurts to be beaten over and over again ..." she continued "but it always feels like my efforts were wasted"  I could tell she felt trapped but at first, I didn't know what to say but I just started to speak, "I ... Was trapped once... Trapped as someone I wasn't" I explained as I walked up beside her and joined her in watching the sea.