chapter two: a new friend

Jazz p.o.v

"Jazz! Jazz! Jazz!" Everyone cheered as I entered the chamber of the champion, my team was ready and so was I.

Diantha waited for me, she was prepared to fight, she began by throwing out Gardevoir and I sent out absol, 'I will win.' I shouted out, but I suddenly felt an itch on my cheek I tried scratching it but it didn't stop but instead

Soon enough I woke up from my dream to find fletch pecking my face very lightly on the cheek, 'fletch? Did mom tell you to get me?' I asked, she nodded her whole body in reply.

Slowly I got up causing fletch to flutter into my hair as I started making my way into the kitchen, luckily my room is on the first floor next to the kitchen.

I grabbed Fletch's PokeBall on the way out of my room, 'ah jazz? Could you take this tin of biscuits to the neighbors?' she asked placing one of her stitching tins onto the island counter.

I opened the tin, and saw it was full of moms home made biscuits, 'sure. Can I bring fletch?' I asked, she sighed before letting out a small chuckle.

'You know she's yours.' my mom said, with that I headed out with fletch in my hair and a tin of biscuits in my hands.

I looked around for a moment, the only neighbor I could see was the house down the path of the house, it was surrounded by farm land and had many sheep looking pokemon.

I decided that it had to be the house so I walked down the path, I walked through the entrance, and walked up to their front door, I was slightly surprised to see a little battle arena, but I continued on I finally made it to the door and I knocke...

I decided that it had to be the house so I walked down the path, I walked through the entrance, and walked up to their front door, I was slightly surprised to see a little battle arena, but I continued on I finally made it to the door and I knocked on it.

I could hear movement, and muffled talking from inside, but I couldn't hear what was been said so I just waited outside.

That was until something bumped into my legs, I quickly turned around and saw this little sheep behind me, 'wwooooloooo!!' the little creature baahed at me.

'Oh hello there?' I said as I went to pet the sheep looking pokemon, but suddenly it walked back then ran forwards rolling into me at the worst moment as I heard the door open behind me.

That's when the wooloo hit me causing me to fall backwards, then felt someone catch me from behind, 'wooloo!! No back it up!!' a male voice said as he helped me back to my feet I turned around.

Instantly I blushed as when I saw him, he had dark blue hair, and his skin was tanned and he had beautiful amber eyes, something about him made my heart skip a bear, maybe his charming smile or the concern in his eyes.

'Hey sorry about that I didn't notice wooloo had escaped, can I help you?' He asked and for a moment I didn't realize he was talking to me until he looked at me confused.

'Oh, Er, h...hey I'm jazz and, I... I'm your new neighbor down the path.' I stuttered as I pointed towards the cottage where I lived, 'and I...I mean me, and my mom would love for you to take these biscuits.' I said while handing him the tin of biscuits.

Suddenly his face lit up with a smile as he quickly took the tin from me, 'are you sure?' He asked, I nodded as I'm at a loss for words.

I couldn't help but smile when he opened the tin, took one of the biscuits out and ate it in one bite, 'did you make these?' He asked which snapped me out of my happy little trance again.

'Oh Er no my Er mother made them.' I said stuttering over my words, I never expected to find myself interested in someone here so quickly.

Even back in Kalos I didn't really have a crush, I just knew I didn't have one on any girls, 'well we need to be best friends if this is your mother's cooking.' he said which made me smile knowing I had a friend here so quickly.

Suddenly the guy got serious as he started to push the Wooloo away, 'Oh I'm sorry about wooloo again, she can be a bit bashful when she isn't fed.' the guy said finally getting the Wooloo in its pen, 'so my name's hop ...' He said then there was an awkward silence.

"oh er I'm Jazz" I said scratching the back of my neck in the hopes it hides my embarrassment, that's when I realised I had already said who I was, I just hoped he didn't notice.

'Wait what's that?' Hop said pointing up at my hair, at first I was confused about what he was pointing, then i felt Fletch move on my head, and I instantly knew what he had asked.

'Oh my I had forgotten you was there ... Come on down fletch.' I said putting a finger into my hair which fletch stood onto letting me bringer her closer to hop.

'This is a family pokemon, It's from a different region and can become really powerful.' I explained as fletch hopped along my finger to get a closer look at Hop.

Hop then placed his finger next to mine letting fletch climb on to his finger, this caused our hands to connect slightly and I blushed, luckily he wasn't paying attention.

'Do you know what it evolves into?' He asked as he watched fletch explore the new human she has found.

'Yeah I know it's just I'm probably not gonna be able to, I'm not really gonna become a trainer.' I said, this caught Hop's attention.

'Wait why?' He asked not realizing fletch was climbing up his forearm, she seemed to be admiring him as much as I was.

'Because I don't really have a starter, I was going to have one next year, but I moved so that's not happening.' I said focusing on fletch who was now climbing past the elbow using her beak to peck his shirt and use it as leverage to climb with.

'Wwwweeeellll I may be able to help." Hop said, I looked at him confused as I saw a small tint of pink on his cheeks, but it must be a trick of the eye cause it was gone in a second.

After a moment of silence I spoke up again, 'see my brother is the champion of galar, and at the moment he's touring around galar for the year, but he said that next year he would come back with some starters for me.' he said, it felt so unreal to me, the idea that I could actually become a trainer excited me.

'So there's a champion here? as in there's one in Galar?' I asked, he nodded surprised that I was more happy about there being a champion over the possibility of being a trainer.

'yeah! I can show you all the videos of his." Hop excitedly said so after that we spent all day watching videos of his brother Leon battling different gym leaders or different people.

I did get to meet his mother who thanked me for the biscuits she was a nice women and even offered me lunch but I declined.

Sadly everything good has to come to an end before I left hop gave me his rotom phone number which made me extremely happy, I mean you tell me you like someone and they give you their number first.

I quickly headed back home and my mother was so happy that I made a new friend and she found it funny that I spent over two hours talking about Hop, she clearly knew I liked Hop and she was happy about it.