ix • guardians, forevermore

Pitch called out in disgust as he brushes off the snow on his face, annoyance only stopped when his horse reels from a newly formed path of ice below him.

          Taking the lead Jack skated with his staff held out and the ice path continuing, you getting tossed around shamelessly in the piece of some random metal Jack had pushed you on. You honestly could've just made some driftwood style form of transport or something, but it was too late and your butt was now at a risk for hypothermia from the ice and annoyingly good conductor for the shitty cold.

          Everyone laughed around you, much less concerned with what you were complaining about and you just decided to join in. North's booming laughter was always contagious, you just hated that you weren't immune to it.

          Annoyingly, Jack made a loop of the ice, upside down for a whole two seconds before you were thumped back onto somewhat solid ground and definitely getting a bruise. You see North catch Bunny's ride, and you thought you were safe for a few moments before Jack flies off forming a ramp and you all get sent off it as well.

          With a cry of either complaint or surprise you jumped on top of the buildings, continuing onto the path as Jack separates from the group with Jamie held by the back of his shirt like a puppy.

          You didn't know how but you were quite sure North had placed presents in some random twins' room, a window opening and two kids peering out with a gasp. "Merry Christmas!!" North loudly bellows, sliding off at the front of your little group.

          "Happy Easter. . !"

          "Don't forget to floss!!!"

          "SAVE THE TREES!!" You just yelled the first thing that came in your head before you cackled loudly, only being topped by the faint laugh of the girl from behind you that had decided to join in. Turning back to the front you see Jack had returned Jamie back onto his makeshift sled, flying ahead as more laughter echoed throughout the crisp night air, no doubt disrupting everybody's peace.

          "The Easter Bunny's real!"

          "Tooth Fairy, Mother Nature!!"

          "And Santa!!! They're all real!!!" You cheered as the kids followed along, raising a fist and they followed suit, once again cackling loudly at how easily they were willing to follow you.

          But the laughter soon dies down and Jack skids to a stop, finding out a few moments later at the sight of an unnaturally large wave of Pitch's black dust, like a storm quickly approaching as the man of the hour chuckles. On top of a building in front of it was he himself, perched atop one of his proud little nightmares and looking down at your new makeshift group.

          A kid in a green coat cheers and runs upfront, but you stop him just in time and he yelps upon finally noticing the danger. Man, kids.

          "You think a few children can help you? Against this?" Pitch gestures to his newfound power, large waves circling onto the town square that you had all landed as your final resting sp— destination for a fight.

          North raises his sword in warning and a challenge, before his strength gives out, weapon once again a crutch as Fairy and Jack hold to help him balance himself. "They're just bad dreams, Jamie." Jack tries to reassure, followed by a nod from Bunny, "And we'll protect you, mate."

          "Aw, you'll protect them?" He once again calls out in patronization, and you, once again, call him out for it. "Last chance, ass—!" There were a few gasps from behind you, catching yourself in time as your brain rushed for a substitute, "SSSDDD-Dickhead! . .nope that is not better."