chapter 9

i will pick you up at 6pm.

" alright then." She ended the call.

You see my dear  i told you he likes you. Give him a chance

okay mother.

Alright let's go to your room i find you what to wear.

At 5:30pm Jason called Shannara to ask for her address. He arrived at her house  10minutes to 6pm. After seeing how beautiful she looked he kind of felt bad. " What a pity she is just a pawn in this game." He thought.

   "wow you look so beautiful." He complimented her

    thank you... You look great too. So where are we going.

     it's a surprise. Let's go.

    Jason took her to an expensive restaurant that Ryan usually went to with his business partners. Their date went on well, Jason had a lot of funny stories that made her laugh. After 2 hours he drove her home.

Shannara' s house.
so how was your date? Her mother asked, her eyes sparkling with so much anticipation

it was great..... Jason is a good man. He is very funny with a good Sense of humor.

   awwwwwwwww .......... I knew it.

    goodnight mum i am kind of tired you know i am not used to wearing heels.

    "Goodnight" her mum responded happily.

    At Liam hill's mansion;
"i hope  this plan of yours works." Liam Jason's elder brother finally broke the silence.

     relax bro i know what i am doing, I know Ryan is in love with his bodyguard. He was so enraged when he saw me dancing with her at the party. The blood shot eyes he gave me almost killed me.

    " so what's your plan? i don't want disappointments."

    Liam look at this scenario; we kidnap Shannara' s mother then blackmail her into bringing Ryan's company documents. Since Ryan is in love with her he won't let the mother of the woman he loves suffer. That way he will give us the documents willingly.

     you are crazy... What if your calculations are wrong. That Ryan's heart is made of stone. Seriously you are so dumb, why are you even my brother. Anyway i don't blame you, you weren't around when the tragedy happened.

    Bro what exactly happened. ?

    at that time you remained in  Melbourne with mum and I had to come here with dad because he had found a new business partner.
Ryan's father David Rover was our dad's partner. He later introduced me to his son Ryan who became my buddy and his elder brother Ander was rarely at home.

Just after 2 months Ryan's mother cheated on her husband but the man  forgave her. After a week she cheated again, he forgave her for the second time. The man loved his wife so much.
The third time was awful because even Ryan witnessed the scene and his dad was devastated that he divorced her.
One day I went to Ryan's house with dad. Ryan's dad was wasted.... He was so drank he kept saying he wanted to die. Dad tried to console him but to no avail .

  He took the car keys and rushed out of the house then dad followed to stop him.

  I remained with Ryan and Ander. It was then that Ryan swore to never love a woman in his life. He really hated his mother.

  After some minutes we received news that our dad's got into an accident and died. From that the day onwards i have hated that family with everything in me.
Ryan's father killed our dad. Don't forget that, so make sure you come up with a more reasonable plan. We need to get revenge.

i never knew anything about this.

  i kept it all inside but now you know so do your part.

okay brother, but let me just confirm if he is in love with her.

  " and then what. Didn't you just listen to what I said.? Why do you want to be romantically involved with that bodyguard?" Liam couldn't control his temper.

  bro just give  me one day. I want to break his heart and get his company that way he will be miserable.

    i give you one day.

     thank you Liam.

    The next morning;
  Jason calls Shannara...
Good morning beautiful. How are you today.

   I am good thanks how are you....

    been thinking about you all night.

    really?

    yes... Can I take you out for dinner tonight

    " Again!!!" Shannara exclaimed.

    please don't say no .

    alright.

    At first Jason's plan was to make Shannara fall in love with him then let Ryan find out. But he had no time of making that happen so he changed his plan. He took Shannara to Ryan's favorite restaurant because he knew Ryan was having a meeting there.

    At the restaurant;
Shannara was so immersed in  the conversation she was having with Jason. Ryan was having a meeting with some guys that that Jason had organized to trick him into going to the restaurant, he then saw her and  his mood  changed.

    Jason noticed Ryan looking them so he held Shannara's hand and told her " let's go" when they exited the restaurant Ryan followed and called out to Shannara.

    Shannara what are you doing with this man.

    hey boss how are you doing.

    come on Mr Rover.. isn't she allowed to have a life as a woman? By the way why are you being obsessive over your bodyguard.

    shut up i am not talking to you.

   wow .....look at this.......

     "Jason please don't say anything." Shannara finally said something.

    Shannara i know you are in love with him but he is not the right man for you . He doesn't have a heart to love you.

    " What do you mean?" Ryan and Shannara asked in unison.

    come on Ryan you know what  i am talking  about. You just want to use her and toss her aside afterwards.

    Shannara was so shocked. Ryan was so enraged that he punched Jason in the face.

    say that again and i will kill you. Ryan was Enraged

    Ryan i know the truth hurts, doesn't it. Don't tell me you are in love with her cause you swore that you will never fall for a woman......
Shannara don't let Ryan deceive you just look at how he has been changing women like clothes. He made a promise Infront of my brother to make every woman suffer because his mother was a cheat. He thinks all women are the same.

    Ryan looked at Shannara and saw the disappointment in her eyes, his heart was shuttered.