chapter 7

As they were having the conversation some man tried to stab Ryan with a knife but Shannara was quick to react. She pushed Ryan to the side, blocked the man's hand then flipped him over. The man landed on  his back with a thud " bang".

The man got up while limping and tried to attack her but she was not going to give him a chance. She took off her heels and the two exchanged some punches . She punched him hard that he knelt down, she then gave him a kick to the neck. Before Ryan could register what was happening the fight was over. The man lay motionlessly on the ground.

Ryan felt so embarrassed. A woman protected him and he couldn't lift a finger as a man. The embarrassment was written all over his face.

  "Ryan are you alright" Shannara asked in a panicked tone. Are you hurt? She added.

   "No I am alright" Ryan replied. are you okay Shannara

    " I am okay" she replied.

    "we should call the police." Shannara suggested.

    The police arrived in no time and the man was taken to the hospital for a check up.

    " let's go home it's not safe here. This is all my fault i shouldn't have brought you here."  Ryan blamed himself.

    No Ryan  don't blame yourself you didn't know that any of this would happen. Let me just get my shoes we go home.

    Shannara picked up her shoes and Ryan's jacket that he had put over her shoulders from the ground. She then noticed that her dress was torn.

    Ryan also noticed  so he took the jacket from Shannara's hands and tied it around her waist to cover the exposed thigh. "Let's go." Ryan said.

    On their way Ryan called his chauffeur Aden who came after some minutes. They reached home in a blink of an eye. Ryan got down from the car, held her hand then entered the house. Janifer the nanny was so shocked at the sight of the two holding hands. "Are my eyes deceiving me" she thought to herself.

    "you guys are back so soon?"  She asked

   At first Ryan didn't want his nanny to know about what happened  because he didn't want her to worry

    "yes something happened. We got attacked on the street." Ryan informed.

    " weren't you at the party?" She asked, worry written all over her face.

     "we went for a walk." He responded.

     "are you guys hurt?"

   " No we are fine " Shannara and Ryan answered in unison.

    "Shannara you should go to your  room and rest" he instructed, letting go of her hand

    alright good night.

    good night.

    Shannara went to her room, took a shower, called her mum then slept after ending the call. Ryan and Janifer remained in the living room having a conversation.

    Ryan you don't look good what's bothering you? Whatever it is you can trust me with it.

    Nanny i feel like a total failure.

     why do you say so.

    isn't it a man who is supposed to  protect a woman and not the other way around..... I was just there watching her do all the fighting like a looser.

     you are not trained for this so it's normal.

     no nanny....., Being a man does not require any training. I was supposed to stand up for her as a man. She protected me and she was so good at it. I feel so ashamed and embarrassed.

   Ryan it's okay to feel that way. You have never encountered a female bodyguard before, you are just used to having male bodyguards.

    this can not continue like this. I should do something.

    And what are you going to do?

    don't worry, i know what to do. I'm going to my room, goodnight.

    goodnight.

    Ryan went to his room and called his brother Ander who was on a vacation for a week.

    Hey kiddo why are you calling me.

     can't i call you?

    I am on a vacation so calling me is not allowed. Hahahahahahaha... Anyway how are you

    I am not fine.

     what's the problem.

    Ryan explained everything to his brother who just laughed at him.

bro you used to underestimate that poor girl. And now you feel inferior to her. Just look at how things turned out to be.

  bro i called you to ask for your help.

  And what exactly do you want me to do?

can you find someone to train me. I need to learn martial arts.

  no problem, i will get back to you tomorrow.

   alright good night.

    Ryan couldn't sleep at all, he kept on tossing and turning until 5 in the morning. He only slept for an hour then his phone woke him up.

   morning Ryan. Apparently the best martial arts trainer is not in the country but he gave me some other trainer's contact. Let me forward it to you.

please do so.

    Ryan called the number and to his surprise it was a female voice that sounded from the other end of the line. The voice sounded sleepy but familiar.

    "hello." Shannara answered the call

    " hello good morning." He responded.

Shannara recognized his voice instantly    "Boss you need anything?" She asked

    Ryan couldn't help but exclam. "Shannara!!!!!!!..... He seriously didn't know what to say next

   Boss did something happen you sound so shocked

    Well nothing happened i just wanted  to greet you that's all

    oh i see, thank you

     So did I wake you up?

    yes you did.

    I am so sorry Shannara

  no problem boss.

    Ryan ended the call and called his brother.

    bro the number you sent me belongs to Shannara. Are you trying to play tricks on me ?

    Easy kiddo i am not playing tricks on you, Mr Matthews recommended Shannara because she's really good. That is why I sent you the number without the name  because I knew you wouldn't agree..
Bro I know how you feel about this but just swallow your pride and let her teach you.

Ryan was so confused . What was he going to do?