ꗃ Day 1 ! Silas

No matter how far I buried my head in the pillow, my phone just wouldn't stop ringing

No matter how far I buried my head in the pillow, my phone just wouldn't stop ringing. I was hoping the ringing would've stopped after calling me for 90 minutes straight, but the caller just wouldn't give up. What could be so important that someone would feel the need to spam call me at 4 am in the morning?

"Hey," my little sister, Jenna, said, poking my side. "Your phone's ringing."

I rolled over to face her and then scowled at her. "No shit Sherlock. Now could you hand me my phone?"

She went over to the nightstand and looked at the phone and smirked. "Twelve heart emojis? Damn. Who is this special person?"

"Just hand me my phone." I sighed in annoyance.

"Not until you tell me who it is." She said, picking up my phone. "If you don't, I'll... I'll tell mom you ate all the cupcakes yesterday!"

"You think I care?" I said sitting on the edge of my bed. "I'll tell you after I find out why this person's calling me."

"I know you won't tell me!" She pouted, holding my phone closer to her.

"Jen, please. I'll even let you talk." I tried asking her, I just needed my phone, he could be in trouble or maybe it's someone from his family.

Fortunately for me, she pondered my suggestion. Slowly, she walked towards me and handed me my phone which was still miraculously ringing. I smiled at her and she sat down beside me. Holding the phone, I swiped up and put the phone to my ear.

"Hel-," I started to say, but I heard sobbing sounds coming from his side. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"No Las, nothing's okay! Everything's wrong!" Then he sobbed some more. "You hate me don't you?"

"No of course not! Why would I ever?" I nervously glanced to my right where Jenna was sitting and continued. "I love you."

"Are you saying that to make me feel better or are you telling the truth?" He asked with venom in his voice.

"Why would I lie?" I asked him.

"Because you can't stand to see me cry." And he started to very again

I thought he would hang up, since that seemed like a perfect line to end this conversation on but he didn't.

"Is this the first time on your phone today?" He asked after he cried for a while more.

"Yeah. Not everyone gets up at 3 and checks their phone first thing." I told him and he laughed half-heartedly and I could hear him easing up. "Wanna come over so I can show you how much I love you?"

Hearing what I said, Jenna gagged and I lightly hit her.

"I can't." He said after a few seconds,

"Why?" Does he not want to or is he in trouble?