I smirk. "Margo July? Is it really you?"

She pretends to shield her face. "Shh, don't broadcast it." She stops in front of me, her full lashes batting as she looks up at me. Damn.

We quit our games and I pull her into my arms, hugging her tight. "I missed you." I admit.

We pull away and she looks happy, the light in her eyes poking through. "I missed you. How was the group session?"

"How about we start with something a little lighter. Like, I don't know, how was the weather today?" I avoid her question.

She gives me a blank, unenthusiastic look. "That's not really how we roll,"

I shrug. "Fair enough," we slide down the wall and face each other. "it was good, I guess. They admitted their flaws and said they'd try to change. Who knows how that will go,"

Margo's eyes study me, and I try to ignore the pull I feel towards her. For some reason I want to be holding her. Touching her. I need her in my space and I'm never like that with anymore.

"How has it been at home?" I ask her.

She sighs, looking down. I want her eyes back on me. "Fine. My mother is crazy, my father ignores everything. It's fine."

I grab her hand, letting that suffice my need to hold her. "That's not fine." I tilt her chin up with my other hand, ensuring she listens to me.

"It has to be. For now," her eyes hold so much inside them. I wish I knew how to decipher it all. "can I tell you something?"

I nod my head without thinking. "You can tell me anything,"

She closes her eyes and exhales before speaking. "That night where you stayed with me until I fell asleep?" I nod letting her know I knew. "That was the best sleep I ever got."

I can't help but smile. "Me too. Until I had to go," getting myself out of that bed was the hardest thing. Her legs were wrapped around mine, her head on my chest and her small, frail hand clutching my torso.

Why do I want to fall asleep with her right here?

Holding her hand isn't enough. I pull her onto my lap and she rests her head on my shoulder. We sit against the wall, trying not to think about our disgusting surroundings.

"I go back to school tomorrow," she says quietly.

I squeeze her tighter. "Are you nervous?"

"Yes," she admits. "it's like reintroducing myself as the freak every time I come back."

"You're not a freak," I try to assure her. "you'll be okay."

She sighs. "You need to transfer schools,"

I chuckle. "Good luck convincing my fancy ass parents to leave private school,"

"Fuck them," she groans, throwing her head back. "I wish we could do what we want."

I stay quiet, trying to think about it logically. "Maybe one day we could,"

"Mhm," she mumbles as she nuzzles her head further into my chest. She exhales deeply. "come home with me."

"You know I can't,"