Chapter 29: True Love's Kiss

The sound of Club typing helped my nerves calm down as I tried to enter the codes, the black screen of the monitor filled with the signature green color that I got used to when I first started working for the mafia.

A sound indicating that an error occurred on Club's part made him frown as he groaned and pulled at his hair, a habit he picked up whenever he was anxious or frustrated. The codes I wrote were gone, prompting me to face him fully as he tried to fix the error on his monitor.

He sighed in disappointment as he went back to typing, more furiously this time.

I could only sigh with him as we continued with our work of making an A.I. I looked at the clock and estimated that we only had 18 hours to make the said A.I.

If you asked why it's only just us two, it's because everyone, and I mean, everyone is busy with their lives. Club's parents are busy trying to handle the matter without exposing us, Club's brothers are also gone, Heart is off somewhere, probably fucking since it wasn't his problem, to begin with, Spade is with his family, and Diamond was with Trickster, trying to help him with this local gang or something.

The Umbras are certainly of no help, given that Faun dislocated his shoulder because of Snow (don't ask, I don't know what happened), and would still need time for it to heal. He's also in charge of tracking several members of CAIOS, the people who Club was investigating.

They literally left us on our own devices on this one.

What a fucking family, indeed.

"Arrgghhh!!!" Club wanted to lunge at the monitor if it weren't for me holding him back and calming him down.

"Shh... Calm the fuck down." I gritted my teeth. I can only count how many times I've seen Club break down like this. Although I know that he's definitely a soft boy given that he grew up being the youngest, he is mentally strong.

As far as I knew.

"Look at me, fucking look at me Club, God damn it!" I forced his gaze upon mine, the determination no doubt seeping from my eyes and trying to project onto his own, willing him to not give up.

 "Calm down. We are going to fix the mess that you made. Yes, you. We are in this mess because of you that's why you are gonna fucking suck it up and make an A.I. like me." I hissed, partly blaming him for our situation.

I saw his eyes water at my remark, my statement was probably the cause of his undoing right now.

"What?" I softly smiled at him, "You didn't love me for my sweet and caring nature, did you?" I kissed him sweetly on the lips, with him taking the lead after a few seconds.

I was the first to let go, gasping for breath as I did so.

"You good?" I asked.

"Mhmm..." His eyes were still closed, clearly savoring our sweet moment.

"Alright, now come on!" I got off his lap where I found myself sitting when we made out and stepped onto the podium, willing my body into a T-pose as he looked at me quizzically.

"Scan my body."

"Um... Why?"

"I have an idea," when we made out, but I'm not gonna tell him that, "CAIOS has a body, right? It's only right for its wife to have one too."

"What--" He looked at me disappointedly and whined, "But I don't want anyone seeing your body!"

"You goof!" I told him off, "It's not like we're gonna give a naked 'me' to it!"

"It would simplify our thinking process. Instead of manually encoding my measurements or any trait I have, we could just copy-paste it to an A.I. build! You... still have that build, right?"

"Y-yeah..." Club stuttered, suddenly caught off-guard that I knew of the A.I. build he didn't get rid of when my father ordered him to.

"Then run it!"

We all have our secrets. While some secrets are worth telling others, given that it's no secret anymore when that happens, mine are not.

They can only be discovered by those I deem worthy to be discovered by.

Club is one of those people I wholly trust with them, but he has to discover them all one by one if he chose to stay by my side. That's why I rejected his marriage proposal because we barely know each other (until now) and yet we're diving head-first into the world of marriage.

This is a test of the will. To be specific, Club's will. It will let me know if he's serious about me, about us. Because I don't want our love to be built on a shaky foundation like what happened to Spade and Melkaye.

And if Club can't take it anymore? Huh. Who's to say I won't drag him back to my side and make him endure all the hardships that he put me through when I pursued him? If you call having surveillance and helping him at times when he most needed, that is.

Oh well, only time can tell.

As I stand here on the podium with Club getting busy typing on multiple keyboards and rolling his chair over to various monitors, I smiled. Maybe my pursuit of him was not in vain after all.

 Maybe my pursuit of him was not in vain after all

A/N:

Are you guys ready for the ending? Ahehehehehe!