Chapter 23: Déjà vu

Shane struggled to get her lover's arm off of her torso as she tried to get up from their bed.

"Fucking— get your fat arm off of me, Club." Shane grumbled as she felt her bladder about to burst. Not that she meant it anyway. Her lover's arm was anything BUT fat.

Club responded with a grumble of his own but nevertheless removed his arm, causing Shane to tumble down the bed, landing inelegantly on the floor.

"What a fucking morning."

Contrary to what people believe a sweet couple's morning would be with sweet "good mornings" and kisses and continuing with their love making, Shane and Club's relationship is anything but that.

One must note that they started off as enemies, with one hunting the other and the other intentionally making herself be hunted.

If someone told the both of them that they'd end up together in 6 months,

Club would've killed them.

While Shane would've jumped with joy.

No matter.

Shane tried to stand up but failed, causing her to glare at the sleeping form snoring on the bed.

Club really exhausted her last night. It was evident with the new marks across her skin and the sore spot between her legs. But it wasn't the soreness you get from a rough fuck. But rather, the sweet kind of soreness made from the patience and love that Club gave to her all night.

Seeing that Club isn't going to wake up and carry her anytime soon like what she read in books, she limped towards the bathroom and took a hot shower.

Although Club is sweet to her right now, there are still things that must be said and done. Like how they're gonna proceed with what they have right now, or where they stand, or if they even have a relationship in the first place.

Wearing a towel, she got out of the shower with mixed feelings while debating on what to wear.

She settled on wearing one of Club's white shirts and mom jeans, pairing it with white shoes. She went to Club's bedside table and wrote on the notepad that she went to work before bidding him goodbye with a kiss, causing Club to stir in his sleep.

A knock on the door interrupted Shane when she was observing Club which made her frown.

Sino kaya 'ang pukinang inang istorbo na 'to?

Shane opened the door only to be greeted by a familiar face.

Miss Celestine.

The Dikastís' Umbra slash secretary.

One would think of Miss Celestine as any other secretary if it weren't for her being the Dikastís' secretary. She wouldn't have been protecting an important person if she weren't qualified enough for it.

It made Shane think twice of pushing this woman's buttons as she scanned the person from head to toe.

She was neat as always, with her hair in a low bun with tendrils framing her oval face, to the white plaid shirt tucked in pristine white pants matched with a white suit jacket and white two-inch heels, her style was commendable.

With the air of sophistication and grace coming from her in waves, along with her pure white outfit among people who favors black, she was a sight to behold. Her sense of fashion, the envy of the century.

Shane smiled, commending her outfit from the inside while greeting the person.

"Hi. I don't think we've been introduced?"