𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙

🎵 Death Wish - Aislinn Davis
🎵Turning Page - Sydney Rose

I think of something to say, but everything sounds so insignificant under the weight of his confession

I think of something to say, but everything sounds so insignificant under the weight of his confession. His eyes are still on me, waiting for a reply. I push myself over to him and wrap my arms around his bare chest, resting my head against him.

He slowly wraps his arms around me and I feel his hand cradling my head. I can hear his heart beating and for some reason that makes everything so real. Everything before this felt like a dream and hearing his heart is almost like pinching myself.

If I could freeze time in a single moment, this would be it. I squeeze my eyes shut to savor this feeling. I didn't realize I'm crying until I felt a tear escaping my eyes.

Eddie touches his chest and looks at his hand, my tears dampening his fingertip. I bury my face against his chest in embarrassment.

"Are you crying?" He whispers.

I shake my head against his chest. He grabs my face gently and lifts my head. "What's wrong, Madi?" His eyes are full of concern.

"Nothing." I laugh softly as more tears fall, confirming the lies on my lips. I sigh and give into the feeling. "I don't know," I mutter.

He plants a soft kiss on my forehead. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No." I shake my head as I try to pull myself together. "No, you didn't do anything. I'm just..." I trail off.

I don't know what I am. Maybe it's the fact that I'm mad that we have lost so much time. Maybe it's because the thought of his silent phone calls breaks my heart or that I'm so happy to just be with him again. It's all just so overwhelming. My emotions are all over the place and I can't contain them.

He wipes my tears as silence hangs between us. He looks at me and I can't help but break under his stare. 

"I love you," I whisper. The words escape off my lips without hesitation.

Three words. Eight letters. They sound so small compared to how big they have felt weighing me down over the past years, begging to be set free. I've said these words before, to family and friends, but for some reason, they have always felt like they belong to Eddie.

His eyes shift from concern to a constellation of stars, dancing and gleaming with the reflection of my face.