I slowly get out of the car before I start crying and miss my first class.

I see her in the hallway by her locker. She glances at me and looks back. What the hell?

I reach my first period and sit, waiting for... I don't know what! I'm not excited for later anymore, I'm just worried about her.

The day finally ends. Slowest day of my life.

I pass her by her locker, she's usually at mine by now. I'm guessing that won't be happening today.

I need her to not be mad at me. I need to talk to her about later and everything. I need her to stop.

I feel her presence past by me without a word. I watch her walk out the door as I turn around and grab my things fast, so I can catch up to her and try to talk.

I wouldn't say I'm running out to the parking lot, I would call it a slight jog. I'm slightly jogging to catch up to her.

As I'm jogging, I feel someone stop me. "Lucas, hey. I'm sorry, but I don't have time to talk right now."

He furrows his eyebrows. "What's wrong? You seem in a rush. Are you excited for later? I can't wait!"

"Yeah, I'm really excited. I'll see you then?" I say, trying to be nice but at the same time I'm trying to rush him.

"I thought we would talk before-"

"Babe, I don't have time. I have to-" I see it. She's driving away and out to the road. I fucking missed her. "Nevermind, sorry."

I feel the tears start to build up as my body starts to give out. "Rose? What's wrong? Come here." He holds me in his arms as we walk to my car. He leans his back against my car as he holds me. "It's okay baby, cry."

I start to sob into his chest, like a baby. I hate showing emotion. Somehow though, I don't really care right now. I just need him here.

"When your ready, can you tell me what happened?" My heart beats faster, I always forget he has a side like this.

After I finish crying, I look up at him. "Hi baby. What's the matter?"

"Caroline and I got into an argument. Well, not really. She's mad at me and didn't even say bye to me. Lucas, I need her to stop."

"Okay. I see, but what was the argument about?"

I shake my head and the air gets caught in my throat. I didn't really think about this. "I-I cant really get into it, sorry."

"All good baby. How about you call her."

"And what if she doesn't answer?" The thought of her not answering makes me wanna cry again, but I don't.

"Then, if you want, I can drive you over there later."

I smile. "You would do that?"

"I would do anything for you. Anything."

My hands are shaking and my palms are sweating. I've never felt like this before calling my best friend.

One ring.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Voicemail.

I feel like I'm going to fucking throw up. I might, actually.

I know she's on her phone, she's ignoring me. Ignoring me. Ignoring. That word sounds weird when it's directed towards her. It's true though, she's ignoring me.

I shake my head as I start down the stairs, hoping water will make me feel better and wash away all of my worries.

I wish it would wash me away instead.

I look at the door, thinking about it all. Is Caroline right? Should I not go?

I have to go. I want to go.

This all sounds like I'm convincing myself, but after what happened in the parking lot makes me really want to go now.

I head back up into my room and decide to get ready. Get ready with the outfit she picked out for me.

One ring.
Two.
Three.
"What?" My heart stops. She answered. SHE ANSWERED!

"Caroline! Please listen to me." I say as I can sense her head shaking.

"Why should I listen to you if you won't even listen to me? Huh?"

"I was listening to you and I totally understand where you're coming from. But why are you being like this?" My voice sounds shaken, but I would rather die then have her know how much I want to cry right now.

"I don't trust him sometimes. I don't trust him right now." She says, quietly. I have no words. I don't even know what I say if I had words. "Listen, I know you're going. I know you. If anything happens just know I'm here, but I warned you."

"Do you know something I don't?" My voice sounding suspicious of something that's probably not even there.

"If I did, you know I would've told you. You know that. I'm saying though, I don't trust him. I never really have but I've never said anything because I'm your best friend. I didn't wanna hurt you."

"You know, my father said the same thing about him a little while ago to me." I said, hoping that soon this will all be over and we will be the same again like we were this morning.

"And we're probably right, but for now go enjoy your boyfriend."

"No." I say.

"Why not?"

"I cant go if you're mad at me."

She sighs through the phone. "I'm not mad, Rose. I'm worried... it's different." After talking about it for a few minuets i decide to tell her about me crying to Lucas about her.

"He's sweet, but I don't trust him."

"Yeah yeah, I know you don't. I gotta start getting ready." I say with a light smile on my lips.

"Alright, have fun. Text me if anything happens with anyone. I'll always be here."

My smile grows bigger, oh how I've missed her all day. "Thank, Caroline. Love you."

"Love you more. Always."