Chapter 15 - What Is Lost

Start from the beginning

You made your way down to wanyou boutique to buy some silk flowers. "Hey boss, do you sell silk flowers here?" Paimon asked as she popped up beside Aether. "Silk flowers? We certainly do! Which kind would you like?" Bolai asked. You only remembered this guy's name because he was a lil shit to you when you talked to him out of the story as an npc. "Which kind?... The- uh- the good kind? The best kind? Remind Paimon what kinds there are again?" Paimon asked confused. "Ugh, you ignorant shoppers, always coming here with your stupid questions." Bolai said annoyed. "Well fuck you to." You manipulated the winds to blow your fur into his mouth and watched with glee as he hurried to spit it out. "Pleh! Can't you keep your cat a bit further away from me?" He said even more annoyed. "Golden house maiden, valley weaver, and fate's yearning. One of each to start with, if you don't mind." Zhongli said while you glared at Bolai.

"My goodness, this gentlemen is quite the connoisseur! You two must be his servants. Please refrain from any further attempts to contribute." Bolai said while looking at Aether and Paimon, not even acknowledging your presence. "Well, this is what I get for calling Paimon emergency food." Aether said, although he didn't seem to regret calling her that one bit. You gave Bolai the best middle finger your stubby toes could, even if it did actually look like one, you highly doubt anyone would notice you. You ignored Zhongli and Bolai's conversation in favour of thinking more about the myth. 'Yeah, the cat was definitely me, that's how this shit goes. As for the god, who did I kill? And why?' You continued to think more about it and tried to recall any memories. The only memories you recalled were the ones from when you found the fatui note with your name on it. All you could remember was that you were good friends with someone. You tried to reach further into the depths of your brain to think about it.

The sound of thunder cackled in the background and you were interrupted from your thoughts. You turned your head to the sea which was the direction you heard the thunder. 'Why was there sudden thunder in this sunny weather?' You looked around and saw that Zhongli and Bolai were still talking and no one seemed bothered about the thunder. 'Was it just my imagination?' You shook your head as Bolai gave Zhongli the flowers. The trio headed off to the side to talk about how to make perfume. You jumped onto the railings to look at the direction of inazuma. You could see the faint silhouette of it. The longer you stared at it, the more you felt as if something were... missing. As if there was something you lost, and it left an empty hole in you. 'Maybe it's just coincidence and I have more history in inazuma than I do with khaenriah...'

"Fluffy, you can go with Zhongli for now. You must be tired from walking so much." Aether said while petting you. He grimaced when your shedding fur hot caught and stuck of the fabric of his gloves but continued to pet anyway. He then picked you up and gave you to Zhongli. He walked all the way to a statue of the seven where he set you down beside it. He stood there for a while before pulling out a cup from his pockets. You thought that he was going to just look at it but you choked when he started sipping from it. "HOW THE FUCK IS THERE ACTUAL WINE IN THERE?!" Zhongli looked at you alarmed when you screamed. "Is something wrong Fluffy?" You looked at him before just laying down. You watched as he drank his osmanthus wine and wondered about where those who share the memory are. Your eyes slowly began to close as you were whisked off to dreamland.

~~~~~

"It's okay kitty, I won't hurt you."

The sounds of raging fire, crashing buildings, and tornadoes filled your ears. Their cries, their screams, your mother said not to bother with them, but was that not your purpose? A gentle hand slowly reached out to you. "It is alright, I mean no harm little one." You hissed as you backed yourself into a corner. She is one of them, they are not to be trusted. Mother said so and the destruction before you was more than enough proof of that. "I won't hurt you." You narrowed your eyes at her and cautiously stepped forward to sniff her hand. She contained too much electro energy for you to be comfortable with, but her body seemed so fragile, as if she couldn't even slash someone with a sword.

You began to relax when she didn't seem to hold any malice. "Can I pet you?" She said as she began to reach for the side of your head. You jolted away and hissed at her, you can never be too cautious. You tail began to violently swish back and forth as sparks began to come from your fur. If needed, you could easily set this woman on fire and to ashes. She looked to the side, and looked at the destruction she had caught herself in. The raging sea of fire that engulfed the city and every building below was enough to make you wary. Where was your mother? The small caped silhouette of your mother could be seen far away, you could recognise them from anywhere. The woman gave you a pitiful look as she watched you call out to your mother. Alas, she was mortal and could not hear your wails.

A loud roar was heard as a deformed monster dark black scales and chipped horns emerged from behind a wall. The woman summoned a sword that was dull and looked like it couldn't even cut paper. She held a poor defensive stance as the beast approached. "There is no need to fi-" The monster screeched and wailed in pain as a sudden burst of fire engulfed it's leg and quickly grew to cover it's entire body. It's claws scratched at it's skin and the woman looked at it with a mortified face. It's strong and sturdy scales may be somewhat elemental proof, but not fully. Eventually, when the fire did nothing but keep it wailing in place, your eyes narrowed at it and you watched as blue fire spread across it's scales. Slowly, one by one, they all melted away, and so did it's skin begin to get charred and burnt to a crisp. Black blood spilled out of the burnt wounds, something that was disgusting and darker than even the abyss themselves. It continued to claw at it's burning skin as it's body slowly turned to ash and the woman beside you started trembling in fear. "You are no sibling of mine." You said as your voice seethed with venom and hatred.

~~~~~

You woke up as with your nose scrunched up at the smell of such strong perfumes being put beside you. You instantly lunged beside Aether to get away from the perfumes. You watched as they statue glowed brightly as Aether gave the third bottle of perfume. "Oh god this is all too strong..." You said in a weak voice as your face began to scrunch up as well. "Oh, what was that?" Paimon said as she looked at the statue. "Looks like rex lapis really likes this one." Aether said. "That's the one older ladies like right?" Paimon said as she turned to Aether. "Does that mean that rex lapis is actually an older lady?" Paimon asked. You looked at Zhongli, and he made eye contact with you when he noticed your gaze. 'Shit.' You instantly changed your focus to a bird in the trees. "Hah, perhaps. Rex lapis has taken on countless forms. Perhaps that really was one of them." Zhongli said as he looked back at Aether. "What a shame. We only got to see the giant dragon form. Let's just hope the qixing catches the real killer."
Paimon said with a sigh.

"We can leave that to the authorities. Let us focus on the fond farewell for rex lapis." Zhongli said as he put away his cup. "So, we finished another step in out preparations. What's next?" Paimon said as you continued to look at the bird. "Next, I would like the two of you to borrow the cleansing bell. At present, a friend of mine named madame Ping is it's guardian. She lives near yujing terrace. If you ask her, she will know what to do" Zhongli said. "Sure but, aren't you going to come with us?" Paimon asked. "Ah... I have certain reasons as to why I cannot go there in person. Pleas do this for me." Zhongli asked. "Man, why does he have to be so secretive this time?" Paimon said slightly annoyed. "Well, you can wait here with Fluffy again. While we're at the harbour, we can pick up Fluffy's wind glider and test it when we get back." Aether said. "Oh! That's right! The wind glider we bought for Fluffy should be done by now." Paimon said excitedly. "You got Fluffy a wind glider?" Zhongli asked. "Yeah, we had it custom built! If we could teach Fluffy how to glide then it could really help them get around, especially with all the adventuring we do." Paimon said. "I see, pet owners really are another breed." Zhongli said quietly as they walked away.

You slowly walked up to the tree that the bird was in, and Zhongli watched as you quietly climbed it. When you were on the same branch as it, you creeped up to it and then lunged forward. With a now dead bird in your jaws, you jumped down from the tree and came back to Zhongli. You dropped the dead bird on front of his feet. "Uhm... Thank you but I do not eat... Raw bird-" The not so dead bird suddenly flailed it's wings and tried to fly away. You jumped up to catch it again and sank your teeth in it while shaking it around. Zhongli watched as you made sure the bird was dead before dropping the bird onto his shoes. He stared at it unsure of what to do. He felt like he could just throw it away if needed, but he felt like you would take it offensively and kill him.

~~~~~~~~~~
That's right I MADE TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY