17

steve:

"steve! steve!!", eddie beat against the door

slowly steve unlocked the door to let the metalhead in.

as soon as the door was open wide enough, eddie slipped in the room and pushed the door close with his foot while pulling steve in a tight hug, not caring that he didn't wear anything on top. steve hissed when eddie touched his right arm which made him immediately let go of him.

"what happened, darling? what's going on? who hurt you?", eddie spilled one question after the other but steve felt like someone choked him. he opened and closed his mouth while tears drained his face as he tried to dry them with his bare hands but instead he just smudged them all over.

"i- the party- i didn't know", steve tried to explain but it was simply impossible for him to speak right now. instead panic spread through his body since he felt discomfited and he started to breath way too fast.

"hey!! steve! calm down. it's going to be okay! i promise you! i will take care of you, it's okay just please, take deep breaths! don't hyperventilate", eddie pushed steve down to the ground, forcing him to lie down while putting his feet up on a chair. afterwards he laid down next to steve and pulled him close to his chest.

slowly, steve started to take deeper breaths, breathing in the familiar smell of eddie and his arms lost the feeling of numbness. steve shuffled as close to eddie as possible and put his arms around his torso, trying to be as close to him as possible.

"good job, stevie boy, good job", eddie mumbled into steve's hair. steve melted into the other male's touch, relaxing even the smallest muscle.

they stayed in that position for a while, none of them said a word but instead listened to the muffled music from downstairs.

steve felt safe around eddie. he was safe around eddie.

ususally, steve would have probably fallen asleep regarding how relaxed he was, but there was still the adrenaline rush from before in his veins and his head felt cloudy. he felt how eddie let go of steve and sat up, leaning against steve's closet with his back. steve decided to follow eddie's actions and sat next to him.

"do you think you can talk now? we don't have to if you don't feel comfortable i am fine with both", eddie suggested and even though the choking feeling around steve's neck returned, he nodded.

"jason he- you know how i denied his request to throw chrissy's birthday party at my house right?", steve explained and watched how eddie nodded slightly. "well, he wasn't very happy about that and since he needed a place he was still convinced that my house would be the perfect option. so when i-", steve felt tears welling up in his eyes again.

stupid.

"when i came back i saw how he just burgled in my house" steve's voice was about to give up on him again during the last part of his sentence.

"i will beat the fucking shit out of this motherfucker", eddie exclaimed while both of his hands formed into fists. however, steve reached for eddie's left hand which was between both of them and unfolded the fist again.

"no, i don't want you to do that, ed. he will hurt you. i know what he did is terribly wrong and i will talk to the police about it soon but right now, both of us smell like weed and i couldn't even proof that i didn't invite them", steve explained while interlocking their fingers.

when eddie turned to the side to look at steve, steve tried it with a careful smile. eddie sighed.

"alright. but believe me i will not tolerate this asshole's behaviour another fucking day", eddie said and steve nodded.

and without any of them realizing, they sat extremely close to each other. steve could even feel eddie's light breath tickling the tip of his nose and suddenly steve felt every body part of him getting warm which was in contact with eddie's skin.

"steve, i think there's something you should know", eddie started slowly and steve's eyes went from eddie's lips to his eyes which even seemed to sparkle in the room's darkness.

"yeah?", steve asked carefully and for a few seconds nothing happened.

just two pairs of dark eyes being locked in each other.

finally, and without even thinking steve closed the distance between their lips. for a few seconds, eddie was frozen in shock until he welcomed steve's soft lips moving against his own. eddie's lips felt way too good against steve's own and a mixture of toothpaste and cigarettes came with it.

scared to hurt steve's right arm, eddie pulled steve closer to him by his waist while steve's fingers already held eddie's cheeks with such caution as if he would be scared to wake up any second and realize that it had been a dream. but none of it occurred.

he was real. eddie was real. this moment was real.

steve pressed his lips against eddie's once more before breaking the kiss.

"eddie-", steve started a little out of breath but eddie closed his eyes and shook his head slightly.

"pshhtt... it's okay. everything's fine. you don't have to say anything", eddie almost whispered before placing a kiss on steve's forehead. a wave of euphoria filled steve and he had to hold back another breakdown of tears. but this time because of happiness. because he couldn't believe this was real.

"i like you, eddie", steve's voice felt like an echo in the room's silence and he could hear the other male chuckling.

"i know, dingus. of course you do", eddie answered before leaning his head on steve's bare shoulder. "aren't you cold?"

"only a little", steve said, not wanting to move and instead feeling the urge to stay in this position forever. just eddie's long curls slightly tickling his soft skin while their intertwined hands were placed on eddie's thigh.

"that's already reason enough to move", eddie chuckled and slowly got up. an unsatisfied sigh left steve's mouth but he decided to follow eddie's moves. eddie reached down to steve and pulled him up.

"you are even prettier than i thought", eddie grinned and steve's cheeks went to a slight pinkish colour.

steve turned around and opened his closet.

"you should put on the yellow shirt", eddie stated, standing behind him, obviously checking the closet's content above steve's shoulder. "yellow looks good on you", he added while placing his hands on steve's waist. a comfortable shiver went through steve's body before he reached for the yellow shirt and put it on.

"such a pretty boy", eddie smirked and very obviously checked steve out as soon as he turned around.

steve placed his arms on eddie's shoulders and placed a short but unexpected kiss on his lips which left a big smile on the metalhead's face. suddenly, steve yawned and his eyes went from eddie's sweet face to his bed.

"seems like someone's tired, huh?", eddie joked before walking towards steve's double size bed and laying down under the blanket. "we can't do anything but wait until the guests leave anyway so why not go to sleep? tomorrow or well- today is saturday and i will help you clean up", eddie added when he saw the worried expression on steve's face.

steve knew eddie was right and it was useless to try and fight against it. with a few steps steve was next to his bed and slid on eddie's side under the blanket.

"good night, darling", eddie mumbled and steve answered with an incomprehensible sound. the metalhead placed another kiss on steve's forehead before looping his arms around the other male who had already drifted deep in his dreams.

————————————————————
😟✨
okay YEEEESSSS WHAT ARE WE THINKING?!🤡 BECAUSE I DONT FUCKIN KNOWWWW😟

i went to a bday party a few hours ago which i completely forgot about rip. anyway we went to a water skiing facility and it was pretty fun. plus it rained for the first time in two months. maybe that's why my mental health is doing better today. idk. have a nice day/evening/night/morning <3

also the next chapter might take some time cuz the next week is gonna be hella exhausting