04

steve:

as soon as the bell rang steve and robin left the canteen and made their way through the corridors.

"hey, uhm steve?", robin grabbed the sleeve of steve's pullover and both of them stopped next to the lockers. "i am sorry if this whole eddie thing went a little bit too fast. i know both of you barely know each other but as your friend i was really just trying to help you. in case that got a little bit too far in the background i just wanted to explain myself"

"it's fine rob! i really appreciate your help no need to explain yourself, really! i was just being a little dramatic. even if the first few meetings will be a little awkward- i won't die. however, the chances that i will die if i don't hand in the project are pretty high so it's really no big deal"

both of them laughed and ended in a short hug.

"i really appreciate you", steve mumbled in his best friend's ear

"naw, stevie boy don't let this situation end up too cheesy we're still at school", robin reminded him which made steve role his eyes annoyed.

"i swear to god i am this close to just dropping out of this hell", steve said while showing robin how his index finger and thumb almost touched. "i just want to go home and lay back and enjoy a calm evening but it seems that i am already asking for too much"

"but then you wouldn't have all these babes around you, huh", robin teased her friend while giving him a little bump in his rips.

"oh come on you're the one who's a simp for vickie!", steve protested.

"absolutely right! but first of all: i do something about it and second: i stay with one person and don't randomly flirt with every babe i see on the school corridor!"

"hey, not fair!", steve placed his hands on his hips. just when he was about to say something the second bell rang which unlocked panic in steve's as well as robin's eyes.

"dang it! alright see you after school!", steve threw his backpack above his shoulder

"yup see you! unless my science teacher will kill me for being late but we'll see about that"

a short giggle escaped steve's mouth before both friends ran in the opposite directions to their class rooms. steve was lucky since his next subject was just a few rooms distant and he basically tore open the room's door as soon as he stood in front of it.

"steve harrington, you're late!", his teacher immediately complained before he was even able to take another breath.

"sorry, i am late, it won't happen again", steve replied while trying to catch his breath.

"i hope it won't happen again mr. harrington. otherwise you will get detention"

"what the hell is wrong with the teachers, today?", steve thought even though he just nodded in his teacher's direction and went silently to his seat. he unpacked his usual college block and pen and decided to just look out of the window instead of listening to his teacher's monotone voice.

the rest of the school day went by pretty fast to steve's surprise but he wasn't complaining. when the bell rang for the last time for today, steve packed his messy notes in his bag. everyday just felt the same. wake up, go to school, work, homework and sleep. steve wanted to change something about his boring schedule but he didn't know how or where to start. the only thing that mattered right now was to simply get with school done. it was just one month anyway and after that he had spring break in which he would probably spend everyday studying for his final exams but at least there wouldn't be any teachers who would shower their students with homework.

steve went to his car with a not so nice surprise waiting for him.

"hey! steve!",  jason shouted while leaning against steve's car,

"oh for fuck's sake i just wanna go home", steve mumbled under his breath. when he was only a few steps away from jason he put on a strained smile.

"oh hey jason. what are you doing man?"

"good to see you!", jason slapped a few times on steve's back as a "welcoming" gesture.

"look i have a question dude"

at this point steve already gave up. every time jason "asked him a question" it was painfully obvious that i wasn't a question at all. it was an order.

"you know how chrissy's birthday is coming up and stuff?", jason said while his hand was still laying on steve's shoulder. "i was just wondering if you'd mind if we would throw her party at your house man. obviously you wouldn't have to buy drinks or food. my team and i would take care of that but my parents are constantly at home and chrissy actually didn't want to throw a party so it's kinda hard to plan one at her house"

steve was quiet for a few seconds. he wanted to say no but he felt like denying jason's request wasn't even an option.

"i mean if chrissy said she didn't want a big party i would actually listen to her. maybe she wanted to plan something with you privately you know", steve tried to convince jason

"hey, hey, hey man!", jason stopped steve and his grip on steve's shoulder tightened. "i thought you'd be good with women? if she says she doesn't want it- that's exactly what she wants! and i mean- you would also benefit from that evening. the cheerleading team has some pretty good looking girls if you ask me. so why not help me and gain yourself something hm?"

steve felt like kicking the other guy's ass right now but he just couldn't say no. it wasn't possible.

"hey, steve. you're ready to go home?"

steve turned around feeling almost euphoric about robin's sudden show up.

"yeah, sure", steve got out of jason's tight grip and got in the car.

steve stepped on the gas but before he was able to leave the parking lot and jason behind he heard his voice once again screaming "i will let you know the date and time tomorrow!!"

"god! damn! it!", steve hit the steering wheel with every word.

"hey, hey! what's wrong? what did you and jason talk about?", robin turned worried to steve.

"i will explain it later. right now, i just want to go home and get away from all these weird people who apparently decided to behave like fucking assholes today!"

"you want me to stay over at your house before work?", robin offered and gave steve's shoulder a little pat.

"yes, please. you want to order pizza?", steve sighed and focused his eyes on the road.

"yeah sure. i am always up for pizza!"

————————————————————
heyhey! i am currently almost dying because it's so freakin hot in my hometown so i just locked myself in my room :] probably won't do anything but sit in my room today so expect a few updates <3